Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help killing this weed

• 17-04-2014 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi all

My mother in law has this weed growing on an embankment. The area was covered with black plastic twenty years ago and got overgrown with bushes.

recently i did a massive tidy up but this weed , which is local to the neighborhood, has started to come up.

Can it be killed?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 poohcreek

Roundup should kill it roots and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,677 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think it is coltsfoot, which needs a systemic weedkiller to get the roots as coltsfoot spreads by runners underground. As has been said, Roundup would do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭tippgod

cheers for that. Just researching them now. The leaves look similar but i have ot seen the flowers locally.

Will the round up kill the new heather and plants i set. I had left the plastic down with a view to removing it when the ground cover plants got bigger. The weed is popping up in little tears i the plastic

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 3 poohcreek

put the roundup on the leaves with a small paint brush dont put it on anything you want to keep

Advertisement