Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda vetting

Options
  • 17-04-2014 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

I applied for a CE scheme in a maintenance role in Feb and was told I can start as soon as Garda vetting was cleared.

I was told that they received the file from the Gardai after 6 weeks and I was to start soon but have been now told the role is no longer available.

During the meeting when they told me that the role was no longer available, I asked if I could see what they received from the Gardai, she told me there was nothing on it of concern but it was a private document and can't show me.

Is there anyway of getting a copy of my file from the Gardai without going through FOI.

Btw, there should be nothing on it apart from a minor traffic offence in the 90's.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I applied for a CE scheme in a maintenance role in Feb and was told I can start as soon as Garda vetting was cleared.

I was told that they received the file from the Gardai after 6 weeks and I was to start soon but have been now told the role is no longer available.

During the meeting when they told me that the role was no longer available, I asked if I could see what they received from the Gardai, she told me there was nothing on it of concern but it was a private document and can't show me.

Is there anyway of getting a copy of my file from the Gardai without going through FOI.

Btw, there should be nothing on it apart from a minor traffic offence in the 90's.

Thanks
    FOI would be the only option

I know of people who have not been cleared during vetting due to traffic offences

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

But FOI should be easy: just write them (the potential employer) a letter asking for a copy of all material that they have on file about you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

If there was a disclosure (ie something did come back on your garda vetting) the group wouldn't necessarily have kept a copy of it due to data protection regulations and issues with storing that kind of personal information so FOI to the group sponsor wouldn't necessarily allow you to access your gv form and any related disclosures. I would take your contact at her word that there was nothing of note returned through vetting as there would have been a panel review meeting you would have been invited to with the sponsor organisation if there had been a disclosure.

Legislative changes are afoot which dictate that in the future individuals will automatically get a copy of the outcome of their garda vetting, but they're not due until late 2014.

Advertisement