Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial tentant with no lease

Options
  • 17-04-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

I have a commercial tentant at the minute with no lease paying rent can i evcit them easily ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Depends how long they are there. If they are there more than five years, then probably not. You need legal advice in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

bob5666 wrote: »
    I have a commercial tentant at the minute with no lease paying rent can i evcit them easily ?
    No. A tenancy exists because you are taking rent off him, not because he signed (or didn't) a lease. The tenancy continues to exist until the business leaves voluntarily or you have them evicted (i.e a court deems the tenancy to be at an end). The absence of a lease won't speed up any eviction proceedings and as the previous poster mentioned, if they've established a business equity by being there long enough, you can't evict them except under limited conditions like sale of the property and even then, they may be entitled to compensation.

Legal advice is required I'm afraid if you can't come to an agreement with the tenant yourself.

Advertisement