Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free parking near pavillion

Options
  • 17-04-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Dose anyone know any area to park within walking distance to pavillion ? I just got a part time job in there and would need to drive due to my hours i heard its very hard for parking but if anyone knows an area with free st parking id appriciate it

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm not sure you'll get free parking, it's pay & display on the main street and all the car parks charge. Don't be tempted to park up at Airside and walk down because you'll be clamped once your car is there for more than a few hours.
    There's parking under the apartments at the back of the Plaza and as far as I know it's €8 per day, or €1 per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Maybe park on the kinsealy side of the road and use the footbridge to walk over the motorway?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Maybe park on the kinsealy side of the road and use the footbridge to walk over the motorway?

Footbridge over the r132/n1 you mean? There's a few spots to park outside highfields estate on the forrst road. Could you not get a bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

What time you parking at?

The back of the star has about 30 spaces on the hill but they fill up quick. Rivervalley has a bit around the estates but its a 20min walk. The triangle at the pound has about 20 as well.

Take a spun around some evening to get a feel of the area

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The parking slots on the road between the topaz and pinnock hill roundabout are free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do they not do free staff parking in the multistory?

Parking office is opposite the lifts/ toilets beside the multistory entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Parking off Foster's Lane @ €5/24h.

Depending on your hours you might split with someone to drive the cost down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

10 euro per day staff rate for the pavillions and you have to park on the top floor of the multi-storey.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

Asfaik they have done away with the 10 euro per day for staff,i had to go out after 2 hours and move my car..parked in the ashley housing estate and was ran at by the residents,its not pay and display my understanding is if you have tax and insurance on your car your perfectly entitled to park on a Public road..correct me if im wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

When I worked on airport terminal 2 I used to park free in front of the coachmans inn/Ulster bank area. If you don't mind walking the rest of the way or you could get a bus from the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The parking in the Plaza has now changed in terms of charging, it's now no more than €5 for 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

sassychick wrote: »
    Asfaik they have done away with the 10 euro per day for staff,i had to go out after 2 hours and move my car..parked in the ashley housing estate and was ran at by the residents,its not pay and display my understanding is if you have tax and insurance on your car your perfectly entitled to park on a Public road..correct me if im wrong?

Technically yes you are right. But morally...........

would you like people parking their cars on your road 9 to 5? I wouldn't be happy with people doing that in front of my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

peteb2 wrote: »
    would you like people parking their cars on your road 9 to 5? I wouldn't be happy with people doing that in front of my house.
    Why not? I don't care who parks in front of my house as long as I can get in and out of my driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Airside is about a 10 minute walk away, plenty of free parking there.

dubmick wrote: »
    Airside is about a 10 minute walk away, plenty of free parking there.

they clamp after a couple of hours

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

peteb2 wrote: »
    Technically yes you are right. But morally...........

Tbh i wouldnt mind as long as it wasnt obstructing my driveway,sometimes i only work a 4 hour shift doesnt make sense to pay E5 ....imo pavillions should give their staff a reduced parking rate ,managers are allocated free parking which is fair enough but staff get nothing and most are on minimum wage :(

Advertisement