Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parables, fables and learning

• 17-04-2014 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

First post in literature,
    I'm looking for advice, further than my own ability to explain things to small children and to set them on the path to an interest in stories and reading but for them to eventually grasp and understand messages and meanings behind a story. But also as a pointer for me to read so I am not just pointing at what might be good for them to know or learn as a small child without having the interest myself to know or learn, if that makes sense.

aesops tales comes to mind to start, but I'm looking for a pointers where to find further reading which I am unaware of, and of whatever origin, for my purposes it would have to be in english, but of whatever origin, Greek, Ancient, Religious, Biblical, or more modern era Dickens? or more contemporary.
    based around whatever people might think applies, but for example, humour, satire, moral lessons, encouraging imagination and understanding,

While I'm not precluding the idea of writing just creating a colourful world a story creates for its own sake. I'm interested in it for the purposes of learning and teaching messages and understanding the meaning in writings.

Advertisement