Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mooring /berth .

• 17-04-2014 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

hi all ..
    can anyone tell me where i could get mooring in dublin or the surrounding area,s & how much would it cost me . thanks all ..

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Unless you want to be ripped off I can't think of any good answer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭lockmaster

thanks fergal for your answer anyway .. :mad: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

try poolbeg they may have moorings. another alternative is to do your own. often see boats moored up in sutton creek on their own. youd need somthing heavy like a train wheel to attach your mooring chain to

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Here is one in Malahide for sale or rent http://www.donedeal.ie/boats-for-sale/mooring/6751318

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭davlacey

balbriggan or skeriies free as far as i can remember

• Advertisement

Swing moorings can be expensive to make and put down plus you may not be able to get insurance for your boat if your on one, Skerries is full to the point that a lot of boats are outside the protection of the harbour and each year many of them get washed ashore :eek: I have had boats in Skerries and Loughshinney on swing moorings and it broke my heart every time there was a north-east wind having to go and check on them. You also have the hassle of a punt to get you to and from the boat. Malahide would be the cheapest "if you could call it that":eek: place for a berth around Dublin.
    How about looking at somewhere like Athlone it's not too far from Dublin and you will have a lot more choices plus it's not tidal and it's fresh water :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Poolbeg would be cheaper than Malahide, they are fairly, *ahem*, keen to bolster membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭lockmaster

thanks guy,s will check them out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

greystones might be willing to do a deal to get boats into their shiny new marina.......

Advertisement