Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Digital Media DIT -v- Japan

Options
  • 18-04-2014 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I'm debating between two courses in the above field. One is in DIT the other all the way in Keio University, Tokyo.

The one in DIT, as you'll probably know if you're reading this is 8k the one in Tokyo is 28k. Obviously the Tokyo one will require a hefty bank loan but I'm wondering if it will be worth it.

My background is in music and french so this is a completely new area for me. For that reason, I like the idea of having two years to learn new skills and get to grips with programing languages and new software etc.

From what I've heard, in Keio the classes give you the basics of a few different areas and it's up to you to push forward with this learn on your own. The main focus is on a 'real-project' which is coordinated with a real life company. You spend pretty much your entire second year working on the project and the thesis.

Looking at what I'd like to get out of it, I'd like to be equiped to work in the Digital Design realm in a range of different jobs - usability designer, systems management, web developer, designer etc

I'd really appreciate if anybody with knowledge of the DIT course could have a quick look at the Keio course below and give me their opinions on the similarities/differences with the DIT course.

As well, if you've already done the DIT course and have a job in the digital creative field, do you think this course is worth the pricetag!?

http://www.kmd.keio.ac.jp/en/admissions/curriculum.html

Thanks in advance

Advertisement