Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my broker liable?

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Corvo wrote: »
    Yet even the most experienced of brokers would have seen many an insurer pull out of a market and would have treated this one the exact same.

You're striving to find fault with the brokers here it seems and it has been outlined in various posts on various threads as to why it isn't.

I don't think your qualified to say how Brokers would have reacted Corvo. Correct me if I'm wrong however.

I'm questioning the Brokers advice and their responsibilty for it. Nobody, despite your claim has shown them to be beyond my questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I don't think your qualified to say how Brokers would have reacted Corvo. Correct me if I'm wrong however.

I'm questioning the Brokers advice and their responsibilty for it. Nobody, despite your claim has shown them to be beyond my questions.

Its already been stated brokers had no responsibility in terms of the liquidation. The central banks job is to monitor insurers, whether it be maltese or otherwise. Not the broker.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

peteb2 wrote: »
    Its already been stated brokers had no responsibility in terms of the liquidation. The central banks job is to monitor insurers, whether it be maltese or otherwise. Not the broker.

That's not the issue.

The advice given i.e. Renew with Setanta, and the reasons why, are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

That's not the issue.

The advice given i.e. Renew with Setanta, and the reasons why, are.
    Price
    Product

Advertisement