Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tv screen turned red

• 18-04-2014 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm not sure if this is the right section, mods feel free to move it

I have a flat screen Toshiba, bought a little over a year ago.

When I turned it on this morning it powered up with a red screen rather than a blue screen. When I turned on the sky box it was like watching the tv through a red mist. There was also a lag, when you changed channel the 'ghost' of whatever was on the last channel stayed.

It gradually faded to red lines and then normal.

Any idea what it might be? Once off issue or something terminal for what's a new tv.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭AndersKP

I'm not sure if this is the right section, mods feel free to move it

I have a flat screen Toshiba, bought a little over a year ago.

When I turned it on this morning it powered up with a red screen rather than a blue screen. When I turned on the sky box it was like watching the tv through a red mist. There was also a lag, when you changed channel the 'ghost' of whatever was on the last channel stayed.

It gradually faded to red lines and then normal.

Any idea what it might be? Once off issue or something terminal for what's a new tv.

Any advice?

Hi,

Is the problem on every channel and input?

Ie when you watch a DVD as well as Sky is the problem there?

If it is not, then it sounds like a new set of cables will solve it - or at worse - a terminal on the TV or Sky box is faulty.

If it is ever present despite what you are watching then it sounds like the main PCB board and/or Panel has gone in which case you need to take it back to the store ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 greatbleddyman

AndersKP wrote: »
    Hi,

Is the problem on every channel and input?

Ie when you watch a DVD as well as Sky is the problem there?

If it is not, then it sounds like a new set of cables will solve it - or at worse - a terminal on the TV or Sky box is faulty.

If it is ever present despite what you are watching then it sounds like the main PCB board and/or Panel has gone in which case you need to take it back to the store ASAP.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately it's at inputs, sky DVD, everything. Sounds like tv is a goner so? I have no receipt or warranty.

Worse, I'm confined to the house after an operation. Bit of a disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭AndersKP

Thanks for that. Unfortunately it's at inputs, sky DVD, everything. Sounds like tv is a goner so? I have no receipt or warranty.

Worse, I'm confined to the house after an operation. Bit of a disaster

Sorry to hear that.

Not all is lost. Where did you get it from and how old is it? Also did you purchase by card as a bank statement can act as proof of purchase

Advertisement