Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Water in parts of Celbridge

Options
  • 18-04-2014 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Guys.

Parts of Celbridge have had no water since yesterday morning, after having no water the day before for most of the afternoon/evening.

The latest update from KCC on their website

http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/emergencynews/wp/?p=135

I phoned the number this morning , they got a later update at 9pm that water would be back at midday. ( if you believe that ! )

I imagine KCC won't update the website until Tuesday because the IT people don't work after 5pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

According to RTE it's around the Aghards area, Castle Village, Ballygoran and Thornhill. They also say its due to be back today.
    In fairness to KCC their updates are usually accurate.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0418/609657-celbridge-water/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    According to RTE it's around the Aghards area, Castle Village, Ballygoran and Thornhill. They also say its due to be back today.
    In fairness to KCC their updates are usually accurate.

Hmmmm don't like the use of words like ' hope '.

To me it's clear KCC went home at 5pm yesterday for the Easter w/end and no one is updating their website. Someone updated the people on the out of hours at 9pm last night ( which is bascially what is quoted in the RTE site ) .

Stupid , because the out of hours agency I imagine get paid by the number of calls so not updating the website is costing KCC money.

If I have no water by 1pm I am taking a spin up to the reservoir to ask the people supposed to be working on it. ( what's the bet I find the place deserted ). I remember the outage we had a few years ago for nearly a week where we kept on being told it will be ' in the next few hours ', that turned out to be a part they had to fly in from Germany or something !

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

The local council should have it as part of their remit / duty to the public in the area they serve to not only provide updates in a timely manner but also disclose the cause so people have a reason for the disruption.

I too am affected by the lack of water at present & I'm not happy having to chase them for a reason or updates.

Its a serious enough issue, especially when there are young children / babies in the house.

In this case, I was told last night by the out of hours support person that it was due to a bust pipe at at the reservoir. I wonder how the pipe burst. Is it old infrastructure ? Is it related to works going on in the area where someone accidentally damaged a pipe ? etc.. etc.

I was told we'd have water back by 12 noon today (Fri April 18th) & I'd be happy with that if its the case but working in a support role myself, I'm always wary of someone being able to provide a specific or exact time for a resolution - that's tempting fate most of the time ;-)

Anyway - fingers crossed they sort it out by 12 today!

KCC - Water Supply - Out of hours support have just told me that the problem has been fixed. The water has been turned back on. It may take 'a little while' for water to appear at the tap.

We've no water in Ballygoran yet.

Just letting people know.

Please shout out here when you start getting water so we can see how things go.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 thediceman2011

Don't mind them they are lying through their teeth I rang them twice within the past hour and was told two complete different stories, the problem has not been resolved it could be a long weekend here in parts of celbridge, Kcc are a disgrace,

• Advertisement

Can't say I'm surprised by this - I have to admit its getting harder to give people the benefit of the doubt these days.

I'll have to get back onto them again myself to see what hymsheet they are singing from now ;-)

Hi we now have very low pressure water coming through ...... Castle Village.

Rang just now - 2:10pm.

Told by the person that the water got switched back on at 1:30pm. I mentioned I was told previously that it had been switched on an hour earlier.

The person explained it was meant to be switched on earlier but they got an update from their engineering team to say it only got switched back at 1:30pm.

I was told we should start to see water (as pressure is still building up) between 3pm-4pm & to call back if we still don't have water by then & that they'd send their engineering team back out to have a look.

Again -anyone let us know here if you read this & do get water back soon or share your feedback from any calls with the KCC Out of Hours Support Team so we can build a picture together of what everyone is being told.

Thanks

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Hi we now have very low pressure water coming through ...... Castle Village.

Thanks for that update - really appreciate it.

Gives hope to the rest of us & backs up what the KCC Out of Hours support have told me on my last call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Water is being restored to households and businesses in Celbridge, Co Kildare.

Supply had been shut down, affecting almost 1,000 customers, in order to repair a leak discovered yesterday.

• Advertisement

my cold tap is working in the downstairs sink, but that's about it no water anywhere else in the house

Got water but not enough pressure to fill tanks can't flush loos grrrrrr

Just a note to say thank you again to everyone that posted here & kept the thread updated at the time.

It was a real help at the time to see what exactly others in the area were experiencing & the progress being made (or not made).

So cheers & hopefully we won't have to do this again anytime soon!!

Our water came back after 4pm on 18th but we needed to wait until 19th before pressure had built up enough to flush loos ;)

looks like the water is gone again in the thornhill meadows area?

Thanks for that info.

Same in Ballygoran View.

Irish Water told me there was a problem earlier but it's fixed now & we should see water come through in the next couple of hours as pressure builds up again.

Kildare CC told me there were low levels of water in the reservoir & that water was being redirected there from other sources. We should see water later tonight but it might not appear until tomorrow morning.

Let's see what happens this time around !

looks like the water is gone again in the thornhill meadows area?

Isn't that area very prone to water going ?

I think these areas are at a slightly higher elevation than others areas so will usually be the first to suffer where water pressure is the problem. There needs to be a pump installed at some point in the piping infrastructure to help address this & I was told years ago it had been installed. Either I was misinformed or they need another or more powerful one.

Water came back this morning for us so it wasn't too bad this time but still a pretty big inconvinience when there's a baby in the house!

Advertisement