Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New road development in Tramore?

Options
  • 18-04-2014 9:48am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Hoping people might have info on it,.

Councilors going around looking for votes mentioned a new road development was going to start beside Clarinwood in Tramore,

I can't seem to find anything though, anyone have any info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Havent heard a word, the only reason i can think of as to why they would even consider a new road is better access to the new school. i would imagine it could get fairly congested at that roundabout for residents trying to get out of there in the mornings.

Sorry to hijack the thread but that house for sale across from the entrance to seaview park, i heard a while back that there was another petrol station to go in there and the signs says commercial development. Surely there cant be a need for four petrol stations in tramore never mind three of them within about 400 yards (possibly less) of one another.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yeah I've heard its to do with the school, just curious does anything know of a link to the plans or anything? I can't find anything so far online

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

I have no concrete evidence on the issue but I've heard for a long time that the roundabout at Clarinwood is to be expanded to be much larger, akin to the one like at Moonvoy & Racecourse etc. Part of the issue is that they need to knock the entry wall to Clarinwood to give them more space on the level land, as going closer up the hill towards Meadowbrook is too steep. That might be what they mean?

From what I'm aware its been on the cards for a while but cost and who pays for what issues are holding it up. Only place any new roads relating to the school could link to are through Elm Park, South Park and maybe Roselawn but because all these areas are housing areas it is pretty much a no go. Although proper pedestrian access routes may be made to allow students to pass though these areas in the future, I can only imagine residents of the estates would veto this though as it could leave to more people passing though their estates.

Only way thing I can see as giving better access it for the Council to buy the farm or part of the farm that is next to the school, continue the road over as far as the Church Road/Priests Road junction, and put a large roundabout there which would serve Priests Road/Church Road/ Cove Road/ New School and Summerhill area. So many potentials, but no definites

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

that little roundabout is a nightmare in fairness, used live in clarinwood and always found it dangerous, bout time something being done with it

Advertisement