Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Chase on the Mallow road...

Options
  • 18-04-2014 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

13 garda cars apparently in pursuit of a white van,

this city is getting worse lately for crime, yet we can have 13 garda cars on a car chase through the county?????

am i the only one who thinks this is crazy???

http://www.redfm.ie/news/garda-struck-white-van-mallow-road/

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

lolosaur wrote: »
    yes.

really? you don't think 13 cars is dangerous and a bit much? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

hoodwinked wrote: »

A bit American if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

When it's 13 white vans chasing a Garda car I'll start to panic a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Was that every garda car in the county??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,368 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

How many of those 13 cars are now on the back of tow wagons after the chase? They don't line 13 cars up and shout "GO", cars will join in as others lose the target or get rammed (which at least one van and one bike (with the biker still on it :eek:) were, according to report on RTE1 just now).

Well done the observant Garda who spotted the van in the first place.

well there is more information here:
    http://corkindependent.com/20140418/news/two-men-arrested-after-high-speed-garda-chase-S82822.html

at least nobody was seriously injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Maybe they should have had a lad on bicycle asking if they wouldn't mind pulling over.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Sounds like a job well done to me. Fair moxy to the Rozzers. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

there's 13 squad cars in cork that work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

13 squad cars ?

I'm guessing the white van must have been speeding ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭shnaek

13 squad cars ?

I'm guessing the white van must have been speeding ?

I heard it was lack of an NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The guards were tipped off when it left the Vienna Woods after robbing them of alcohol.

Shame about the smart ass comments, wonder how many here could potentially get killed in their line of work like the motorcyle cop who was hit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Met that w@nker on the Douglas Rd, had a lucky enough escape. I was outbound and had just come through the lights at the Opel garage when he came against me on my side of the road, passing out 3 or 4 cars on his side. Luckily it was just at the point were the road widens out by the petrol station and I was able to pull over.

Hope he gets the **** kicked out of him in the cells prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

A white van? It's part of their culture.

shnaek wrote: »
    I heard it was lack of an NCT.

DOE for vans :)

Was it caught yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

The guards were tipped off when it left the Vienna Woods after robbing them of alcohol.

Shame about the smart ass comments, wonder how many here could potentially get killed in their line of work like the motorcyle cop who was hit?

Yeah, potential death is the worst kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

rovoagho wrote: »
    Yeah, potential death is the worst kind.

No, 'actual death' is the worst kind. THEN it's potential death, which, as the guy you quoted pointed out, is something the Gardai face a lot more than most people.

Fair play to the Gardai for catching the scumbags. Bad enough robbing the Vienna Woods (lovely place & lovely staff) but to be so reckless in their attempts to evade the law is shocking, they could have caused a lot more harm. Hope the Garda injured recovers well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

How did it take 13 cars to catch a white van..You think the cars would win all round..Glad to hear the guard is ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

this city is getting worse lately for crime, yet we can have 13 garda cars on a car chase through the county?????

No, the two guys involved probably agree with you.
    Maybe they should have had a lad on bicycle asking if they wouldn't mind pulling over.

I actually saw a Garda on a mountain bike pull over a car near Stillorgan a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

It didn't say they held up the hotel though, it said on breakingnews.ie that it was noticed a quantity of alcohol was missing! It sounds very amateur, not sure how it seems to be a joke on here though:confused:, it could have ended in something far worse,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

bladebrew wrote: »
    it could have ended in something far worse,

The facts in this case I believe have been embellished by confusion, shock and assumptions upon encountering the unexpected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

bladebrew wrote: »
    It didn't say they held up the hotel though, it said on breakingnews.ie that it was noticed a quantity of alcohol was missing! It sounds very amateur, not sure how it seems to be a joke on here though:confused:, it could have ended in something far worse,

Indeed. They could have been drinking the proceeds en-route!

Seriously - 13 cars/vans and they put the poor f*cker on the bike out to stop him?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

sopretty wrote: »
    Indeed. They could have been drinking the proceeds en-route!

Seriously - 13 cars/vans and they put the poor f*cker on the bike out to stop him?

The bike was holding back traffic to prevent it entering the van's path, not directly trying to stop the van.

Some of the attitudes here are bit strange, people are giving out about the guards actually trying to stop a crime. I didn't realise there are so many police pursuit experts on boards.ie who know the correct number of vehicles to use in a chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

What's crazy is those scumbags who are 'known to Gardai' (meaing they have a list of convictions as long as your arm) driving into a motorcycle Garda (seriously injuring him) which is attempted murder to my mind.

And here you are - not on here to condemn the scumbags that did it but nitpick over the Garda response.

And yes, 13 units in pursuit is an appropriate response to follow a van that has run over a motorcycle Garda, rammed a Garda van and put the lives of members of the public in danger with their dangerous and reckless driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Milly33 wrote: »
    Glad to hear the guard is ok
    I don't think the guard is ok. He is in hospital with serious injuries.

Atlantis50 wrote: »
    What's crazy is those scumbags who are 'known to Gardai' (meaing they have a list of convictions as long as your arm) driving into a motorcycle Garda (seriously injuring him) which is attempted murder to my mind.

And here you are - not on here to condemn the scumbags that did it but nitpick over the Garda response.

And yes, 13 units in pursuit is an appropriate response to follow a van that has run over a motorcycle Garda, rammed a Garda van and put the lives of members of the public in danger with their dangerous and reckless driving.

woah don't get me wrong i completely condemn the scumbags that did this but do i also think 13 vehicles chasing 1 van on the mallow road is excessive with other scumbags running riot in the streets of cork and stabbing people? yes! it would take half of that to surround the van and a quarter of the 13 to barricade the road!

thats not including the other gardaí on bikes, one of whom who unfortunately got hurt and i hope he is ok. but yes to me it seems crazy there would be that kind of response to this and yet when someone is stabbed or attacked on the main streets of our main city not a squad car or garda on a bike to be seen.

pwurple wrote: »
    I don't think the guard is ok. He is in hospital with serious injuries.

all the media outlets were reporting he was ok :( i hope they didn't get it wrong

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Indeed. What's your source for that pwurple?

Advertisement