Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

016968380 is this a Eircom number?

Options
  • 18-04-2014 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭

This number has been calling my eircom landline daily for a number of weeks claiming to be doing so on behalf of Eircom, with offers saying they can reduce my phone bill etc. when they run through some of their offers they then then ask for my eircom account number which they don`t get, are told not interested & don`t phone back, only for them to call back later that day or the next. Its a foreign voice every time they call

So is this number actually an Eircom number or a scam looking for my account details?

and if it is Eircom how the hell do I stop receiving these nuisance incessant calls?

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bredacq

I can tell you if it is Eircom or another company calling on Eircom's behalf, DO NOT accept their offers because they will automatically put you into contract without telling you.

Eircom and their representatives are the most most appaling that I have ever come across in the area of customer service.

Contact comreg on their webiste askcomreg.ie, they should be able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

robwen wrote: »
    This number has been calling my eircom landline daily for a number of weeks claiming to be doing so on behalf of Eircom, with offers saying they can reduce my phone bill etc. when they run through some of their offers they then then ask for my eircom account number which they don`t get, are told not interested & don`t phone back, only for them to call back later that day or the next. Its a foreign voice every time they call

So is this number actually an Eircom number or a scam looking for my account details?

and if it is Eircom how the hell do I stop receiving these nuisance incessant calls?

Thanks for any advice!

HI robwen

I can confirm this is not an eircom number and we would never ask for your details on an outbound call. This does sound suspicious and I would strongly advise not giving any information. For more information on this please contact our malicious calls bureau on free phone 1800689689.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement