Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn mower Mulch Blade

• 18-04-2014 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi All

I bought a new lawn mower last year and it has a mulch blade. So I have 2 questions,
    1 - how often should I edge the mulch blade and is it hard to do?
    2 - where can you buy additional blades? - It has a cutting range of 46 cm

I would like to have a sharpened extra blade at all times just to save time. especially if I have to go to a local guy to sharpen the blade for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭tippgod

i use a bench grinder and just use that to sharpen the blade. Done in under 5 mins and normally would do it at the start and middle of the season.

if you bring in the blade to a local lawnmover shop, they should have them as they are fairly standard accross most models. But saying that, ive had my blade a long time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 Guttervac

Just make sure if you use a grinder that you don't sharpen too much 'off ' one side as will cause vibration and eventually cause damage to your mower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

You can use a grinder bench or angle to do it or if the damage isn't too great you can use a metal file. Just be sure to check the balance of the blade afterwards.

Most lawnmower mechanics should be able to order the specific blade for you and yes they vary between manufacturers.

Advertisement