Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mr.Peanut2

The previous salary it had on said it was based on 2013 and was currently under review. Would be interesting to know what salary scale people have started on recently

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Hey guys,

For anyone that went to one of those familiarisation events that are currently going on did anyone bring their children with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 noelsam

Hi guys,

I have been lurking in the undergrowth for a while now just seeing what's what. This will be my 2nd attempt at the recruitment. Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where I might be able to buy IST's similar to the ones that we had to sit in 2013? Every website i go on doesn't have the Numerical Reasoning at the same sort of difficulty as i feel should be practiced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mk1234

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpueIuLVcw

Best job in the world!!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭crinkley

Dekkers wrote: »
    Definitely seems quieter on here. Last time the day before recruitment launched was like Christmas Eve :)

Think it may be quieter due to the IT requirement being dropped and people being more aware due to the familiarization evenings. I have a feeling the number may be increased

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

I checked some of my posts in this thread, and some were viewed more than 300,000+ times and there is definitely not that many posters on here, so this is being watched very heavily by who I do not know so just be careful what you say guys.

Definitely a lot quieter, I for one hope there is less applicants this time less competition! I have not seen anything on the news this time around and it was on last time so maybe that is why its a little quieter?

I'll be doing my application Friday, if anyone is doing theirs tomorrow if you could just say how the personal statement part is worded that would be great. I have something from last year that I prepared before the IT meltdown lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Does seem awful quiet when compared to the amount of posts last September.

If the Facebook activity is anything to go by, I'd say there could be potentially more applicants than last year. However, a number of balloons by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Sthm wrote: »
    Does seem awful quiet when compared to the amount of posts last September.

If the Facebook activity is anything to go by, I'd say there could be potentially more applicants than last year. However, a number of balloons by the looks of things.

I think its just people thinking they are gegs and tagging mates, highly doubt its anything to worry about ! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

crinkley wrote: »
    Think it may be quieter due to the IT requirement being dropped and people being more aware due to the familiarization evenings. I have a feeling the number may be increased

I have just been looking at the join PSNI website, nothing up yet but it was pretty late in the day last time before it was open for applications.

One thing I did notice was a list of qualifications, but noted it didn't mention IT. I then come on here and see your above post... has IT been dropped as a requirement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Still a requirement but not through certificates (they learnt that lesson the hard way)

They'll test it through various stages; online only application form, at the AC and online learning.

Should be fun :D

Homer01 wrote: »
    Still a requirement but not through certificates (they learnt that lesson the hard way)

They'll test it through various stages; online only application form, at the AC and online learning.

Should be fun :D

Cheers. It's always a fun process, that's why I keep replying. Great craic. :)

What else would we be doing?

I love nothing more than investing six months applying for a job :D

Feeling good this time around though :)

There is a two page spread on the PSNI fitness test in today Belfast Telegraph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Gee-22 wrote: »

they really are pushing the pca this time round arnt they? Suppose they have to with the astronomical fail rates....

pcplod wrote: »
    they really are pushing the pca this time round arnt they? Suppose they have to with the astronomical fail rates....

Yeah they say it's 1 in 4 fail. The fit looking journalist who tried it thought it would be easy but failed with a time of 4:18.

Yeah they say it's 1 in 4 fail. The fit looking journalist who tried it thought it would be easy but failed with a time of 4:18.

just shows ya, you could fly round it but one or two mistakes can end it! I personally thought id failed miserably because i made 2 mistakes, must have just got through with the skin of my teeth....

Maybe move this to the right thread? My wrist has been slapped before lol

It's open. All ready to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lyn1984

I'm so glad to see you back 😊

• Advertisement

Lyn1984 wrote: »
    I'm so glad to see you back ��

Thanks Lyn. I'm like a bad penny, I just keep turning up.

Ready to get this show on the road again?

Why are you interested in becoming a police constable (150 words maximum)?

Outline the skills you have and how they meet the requirements of the role of a police constable (150 words maximum).

:mad: I can't find a copy of my last answers...

EDIT: Just found my answers by searching my PC's waste bin.:p

Why are you interested in becoming a police constable (150 words maximum)?

Outline the skills you have and how they meet the requirements of the role of a police constable (150 words maximum).

:mad: I can't find a copy of my last answers...

EDIT: Just found my answers by searching my PC's waste bin.:p

Trying to fit all for the second part in 150 is the first challenge of psni recruitment! Lol

crinkley wrote: »
    Trying to fit all for the second part in 150 is the first challenge of psni recruitment! Lol

Yip. That's why I wasn't fussed on having to do it all again. I've the second part done at 149 words. 139 for the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

DONE AND AWAY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Got my application in.

Links to the Belfast Telegraph articles re PCA:

Article 1

Article 2

First article states:
    The PSNI is hoping to recruit 756 new police constables over the next two years.

I'd presume that refers to 378 from the first campaign's merit list and 378 (although I was told 384 at one of the familiarisation events) from the second campaign.

article on UTV news website too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

Are there any security issues to consider about turning up for one of those information sessions ? Are they busy events ? Basically any member of the public can get in , right ? And outside the perimeter of the event location might have I imagine it's own set of unsupervised potential problems. Hence I can imagine a public room in a hotel somewhere would be little different from a recruitment thread on boards. And if one was to ask questions publicly in front of the whole room then you would stand out in the mind of anyone there for malevolent purposes... So any words of wisdom going around about how to attend one of these sensibly and obtain the information one requires safely ? Be well and safe and good luck to all of you.

think like a PO....park away and be on guard.....may get used to doing that as life will change completely if successful...

• Advertisement

popolive wrote: »
    Are there any security issues to consider about turning up for one of those information sessions ? Are they busy events ? Basically any member of the public can get in , right ? And outside the perimeter of the event location might have I imagine it's own set of unsupervised potential problems. Hence I can imagine a public room in a hotel somewhere would be little different from a recruitment thread on boards. And if one was to ask questions publicly in front of the whole room then you would stand out in the mind of anyone there for malevolent purposes... So any words of wisdom going around about how to attend one of these sensibly and obtain the information one requires safely ? Be well and safe and good luck to all of you.

Park in the car park and walk in. These are held in public buildings so no one knows your business (they could probably guess but that's about it).

The session I went to was in a hotel. Very visible police presence outside; few cars & Land Rovers. I've not heard of any trouble at these events but I suppose they have to take precautions.

To be honest ANY information you need will be on these Boards. The sessions are good and I do recommend them but all the good info is right here :D

If you have specifics you can talk to the speakers privately afterwards :)

Advertisement