Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Yeah they say it's 1 in 4 fail. The fit looking journalist who tried it thought it would be easy but failed with a time of 4:18.

At the info session they said 30% failure rate :eek:

People really underestimating what is involved :rolleyes:

pcplod wrote: »
    Maybe move this to the right thread? My wrist has been slapped before lol

Who slapped your wrists plod? :confused:

No problem discussing current campaign info such as articles on PCA in media. Most people at this stage aren't interested in the minutiae of PCA or medical sessions. If we are we'll hop over to the relevant thread.

Are you applying again plod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Not sure what to do, might wait until next batch of calls go out and apply if i don't hear anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

756 recruits over the next two years. WOOHOOO, good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jjboyle96

For the obstacle course you run the course 3 times??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Choobs

Correct jjboyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

pcplod wrote: »
    Not sure what to do, might wait until next batch of calls go out and apply if i don't hear anything...

When do you think the next batch of calls are coming? Did my medical mid may, should I be hovering over the phone in anticipation lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Mop a top wrote: »
    When do you think the next batch of calls are coming? Did my medical mid may, should I be hovering over the phone in anticipation lol

well going by the last batch of calls and 5 weeks between intakes i reckon maybe 2/3 weeks, if that, but, who knows? I did mine at the beginning of may so im secretly hoping...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MissJC13

Hi! Wondering if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some practice ISTs? Sent in my application this morning, want to be as prepared as possible, just incase :)

Also ace to see so many nice people looking to join! I've been told horror stories, it good to see so many in same boat!

Someone on Facebook said this ad looked like a Republican slogan :confused:

I think they think it's in Irish lol :pac:

203086-PSNI-Recruitment-2014-5b-231x300.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 trecee

Can anyone give me a number to contact recruitment? Need to Ask a question about the qualifications thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

Right! Time to sit down and get this application filled in...AGAIN..if ever there is a name they will be fed up seeing mines bound to be up there

MissJC13 wrote: »
    Hi! Wondering if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some practice ISTs? Sent in my application this morning, want to be as prepared as possible, just incase :)

Also ace to see so many nice people looking to join! I've been told horror stories, it good to see so many in same boat!

Hello & welcome :D

Get Googling! The IST might be slightly different to what you find online but ultimately it's about mental arithmetic, reasoning skills and ability to work under pressure. And of course a good grasp of the English language :)

Homer01 wrote: »
    Hello & welcome :D

Get Googling! The IST might be slightly different to what you find online but ultimately it's about mental arithmetic, reasoning skills and ability to work under pressure. And of course a good grasp of the English language :)

Thanks homer :D I did the 2013 practice one online, if that's a good mark to go by I won't worry too much! I did the tests for the prison service at one stage and passed those, I'm hoping they're similar!

trecee wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a number to contact recruitment? Need to Ask a question about the qualifications thanks

They tend to direct you to the website at this early stage.

Ask here; someone might be able to help :)

Thanks homer :D I did the 2013 practice one online, if that's a good mark to go by I won't worry too much! I did the tests for the prison service at one stage and passed those, I'm hoping they're similar!

Sounds like you'll be fine :)

It is a cruel but necessary way to cut the numbers down.

Last two lines says Unity....

UNITY yeooooooooooooo :rolleyes:

And you've passed :D

Head straight to GV to get measured for your uniform :pac:

Homer01 wrote: »
    Sounds like you'll be fine :)

It is a cruel but necessary way to cut the numbers down.

Thanks, that's made me feel better! :) now just to get the really hard but sorted - physical :( haha all good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Literally can't get away from this campaign, seeing it everywhere!

On a separate note, I read an article in the BelTel today, only 75% of people passed the PCA so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mahoneywannabe

Hello all, quick question for anyone that has already completed their application form, Does the form ask you for your driving licence number if you have one, as my license is currently away being changed and I don't want to start the form before I have all the information I need

• Advertisement

Hello all, quick question for anyone that has already completed their application form, Does the form ask you for your driving licence number if you have one, as my license is currently away being chang

Hey :) no it doesn't ask x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

Yes it would seem my hopes less people applying for less competition is out the window, my facebook news feed has been saturated with PSNI posts and online newspapers running articles about the recruitment haha. Ah well best of luck to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Got my application submitted this morning should I have got a confirmation email? Can't remember what the situation was last time?

Timetravel wrote: »
    Got my application submitted this morning should I have got a confirmation email? Can't remember what the situation was last time?

It said no immediate email, but you'd receive response in 10 working days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 noelsam

I have just spent an hour filling in the application form and there seems to be some sort of glitch with the 'tick boxes', therefore it won't let me submit. There is no way of actually selecting the things I need to select. Once again..... well done Deloitte.

Anybody else having theses problems tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

It said no immediate email, but you'd receive response in 10 working days :)

Cheers!

That's my application in :D

And now we wait :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Back in the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roboturnip

Back for a second go.

Scary to think it was four years ago C16 was going strong.

Sitting with a bottomless cup of tea, writing and re-writing the two paragraphs on the application.

Good luck to all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Jeez I was only a lurker back then, still stings how C16 ended though.

Advertisement