Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Juliet Kilo

Everyone got their applications in yet? It'll be interesting to see how many applicants there are this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

I went to one of the information sessions. I was glad I did. I didnt' really do anything to disguise myself but I did have a weeks worth of beard, uncombed hair and least favorite tee shirt - not in job interview condition for sure :D - practically useless tactic but probably just felt psychologically better. It was good to put a human face onto the people from Deloitte and the PSNI. I was glad I went. The sense of professionalism from everyone there put me at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PutItDown

vickmackey wrote: »
    i'll book my flight now!! ;)

SAPS get paid the equivalent of £25 a week in South Africa, good luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Just so the applicants can understand a little bit how long the process takes here is a time line of my process........

Sep 2013 Application submitted
    Nov 2013 IST
    Feb 2014 Assessment centre
    Apr 2014 PCA
    May 2014 Medical
    June 2014 Offer of employment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

The waiting is killing me!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

I applied for the current campaign sat week ago and still no email. Know they've got 10working days, just wondering how long it took everyone else to get an acknowledgement?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MissJC13

.S. wrote: »
    I applied for the current campaign sat week ago and still no email. Know they've got 10working days, just wondering how long it took everyone else to get an acknowledgement?

My application was in within about a half hour of them coming online, and I still haven't heard anything. I reckon it'll be the full 10 working days before we hear back.

If I havent heard by the 11th, I'm going to go insane lol

I'm in the delay batch from the last campaign so well used to waiting unfortunately (it doesn't get easier!)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MissJC13

I'm in the delay batch from the last campaign so well used to waiting unfortunately (it doesn't get easier!)

Ohh don't tell me that lol waiting is not my strong point!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sgtsnowy

That's my application in folks. Can't wait to get stuck into this campaign!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kitchensink

I submitted my application on the opening day and am still waiting on confirmation e mail.

Just relax guys don't forget there gonna have about.9000 applications to get through they will get back to us this week or next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Agree with that. ^^^

Patience. I'm 9 months into previous campaign and just got my PCA date.

Just get your head down and revise and prepare. And maybe make sure your fitness is up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

U soon learn that its a massive waiting game .. I put my application in the 1st day the last campaign came out and iv just got a PCA date today .. So its been a long wait but hopefully one thats gonna be worth it!

Keep the heads up folks .. :)

Ta you two, I'm still hoping my vetting forms / PCA date aren't far behind yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Yours won't be long!! Next batch!! :-)

Ta you two, I'm still hoping my vetting forms / PCA date aren't far behind yours!

Im sure they wont :) Next set out!!

Touch wood you two will be giving me the guided tour of GV, I'll settle for being the batch behind yas... so get hitting the gym! :-D

Touch wood you two will be giving me the guided tour of GV, I'll settle for being the batch behind yas... so get hitting the gym! :-D

Hope we will be too!! Just keep at it .. Whats meant for ya wont pass ya!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

LG1985 wrote: »
    Hope we will be too!! Just keep at it .. Whats meant for ya wont pass ya!!

I needed a reminder of that. Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Graciehart

Just saying hello as sent my very first application off this evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Received an e-mail a few moments ago advising a date for IST will follow within the next two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

I also received an email, was hiding in my junk mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Just got the email too.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

Got the email, I especially liked this bit:

we expect you to act with a high degree of professionalism, maturity and patience throughout the recruitment process.

They clearly read the forums!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭crinkley

got mine too, wasn't expecting it before the 10 days, roll on 27th June. Surely testing won't start on 5 July as they'd have to give more notice

Email for me too, a lot bigger than acknowledgement for last time. I liked the do not ring the Deloitte offices bit lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Minty08

Got the e- mail also. Come on the 27th, let's get this process started! AGAIN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kitchensink

Just got my e mail through. Dates should be out shortly

• Advertisement

Just got the email too roll on the end of the month hope yous all have the heads in the books! :)

Advertisement