Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

I didnt do anything for the IST test .. I just rocked up!! Lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Well if I pass my IST I'll definitely be asking for an early AC date lol

Homer01 wrote: »
    Well if I pass my IST I'll definitely be asking for an early AC date lol

Dont think ya can ask .. I know in the current campaign we were just given a date!

But you can ask to reschedule ;)

Based on last campaign first to pass AC were first into hotel GV. Last to pass = limbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sgtsnowy

LG1985 wrote: »
    I didnt do anything for the IST test .. I just rocked up!! Lol!!
    Like a boss!

• Advertisement

sgtsnowy wrote: »
    Like a boss!

Haha!! Dunno about that!! It worked tho .. And in the AC .. Hopefully the PCA nxt!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

I also got an email today! Do people fail at this stage I wonder? As they mentioned they had checked my application, surely they can't be too strict when checking them due to the volume they must get.

Also noticed there was no IST date so I imagine they have got a whole load of applications as I think there was an IST date the first round of recruitment? (perhaps someone can confirm this)

But you can ask to reschedule ;)

Based on last campaign first to pass AC were first into hotel GV. Last to pass = limbo.

Yeah .. The ones with the highest marks at the AC got their PCA dates 1st .. I got my PCA date yesterday

Rj408 wrote: »
    I also got an email today! Do people fail at this stage I wonder? As they mentioned they had checked my application, surely they can't be too strict when checking them due to the volume they must get.

Also noticed there was no IST date so I imagine they have got a whole load of applications as I think there was an IST date the first round of recruitment? (perhaps someone can confirm this)

I think everyone gets a chance at the IST .. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Yep, unless you make a real hash of your statement questions you'll get to ist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

Does it make any difference whether one applies today or much closer to the deadline of the 20th ?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

If you want an evening/Saturday ist slot it's first come first served apparently. Any other difference is just guess work I imagine, I doubt there's any worth thinking about

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LGQ

Hi guys,
    First time poster here..just got my email today about the IST tests this summer.

Does anyone have any clue with regards to the numbers they are recruiting?

Thanks guys..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Hi folks.

A while since I've checked in here. I also received my email today.

Time to study.

I think everyone gets a chance at the IST .. :)

This time the application can only be completed online; no paper copies. This actually forms part of their IT testing. So if you can complete an online form you're good to go lol

I'm sure there are a few knockouts at this stage. Mostly through lack of eligibility :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MissJC13

Got email about IST yesterday :)
    Bit head melted that they aren't giving the dates out untill later on though! I'm over on mainland at the minute working. I'm self employed but due to the nature of my work it's a headache to bail on a contract on short notice. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Juliet Kilo

MissJC13 wrote: »
    Got email about IST yesterday :)
    Bit head melted that they aren't giving the dates out untill later on though! I'm over on mainland at the minute working. I'm self employed but due to the nature of my work it's a headache to bail on a contract on short notice. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'd over 2 months notice for IST last time out. You won't know til you know unfortunately!

I'd over 2 months notice for IST last time out. You won't know til you know unfortunately!

Oh dear I hope it's not that long! The timeline thing they have said the IST dates would be from 5th July untill 15th august, so really hoping they stick to that x

MissJC13 wrote: »
    Oh dear I hope it's not that long! The timeline thing they have said the IST dates would be from 5th July untill 15th august, so really hoping they stick to that x

Well the email does say that we'd hear from them BY the 27th so hopefully everyone gets fair notice anyway especially if they have to travel.

I don't know if this is applicable to you but there was candidates from abroad who did the IST late and the AC soon after. Think they were long haul but if you've work commitments that could maybe be good for you.

Well the email does say that we'd hear from them BY the 27th so hopefully everyone gets fair notice anyway especially if they have to travel.

I don't know if this is applicable to you but there was candidates from abroad who did the IST late and the AC soon after. Think they were long haul but if you've work commitments that could maybe be good for you.

Yeah hopefully be earlier rather than later :)

Ahhh now that's definitely something I'm going to ask about! Thanks! Would be perfect to get it all out of the way and properly back into work quickly

• Advertisement

Surprised at the amount of people who bring their parents to info session. It's not an after school club you're signing up to :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

Surprised at the amount of people who bring their parents to info session. It's not an after school club you're signing up to :rolleyes:
    meeeeeeeeeeoooowww!!! :p

vickmackey wrote: »
    meeeeeeeeeeoooowww!!! :p

Aw buddy you do make me chuckle!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

Aw buddy you do make me chuckle!!
    why thankyou! :o
    trust me, with a face like mine, ya gotta have a sense of humour! :eek::D

vickmackey wrote: »
    why thankyou! :o
    trust me, with a face like mine, ya gotta have a sense of humour! :eek::D

awk now!! Enough negativity :)

Well seems odd to me. Can understand bringing them to induction weekend but to the info session?!

Not sure what's 'meeeeeeeeeeoooowww' about that :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I'm sure the parents probably want some peace of mind. Tbh my 8 year old is talking about joining the army like his grandad and I'm sitting here thinking WTF?!? Besides half of the young uns applying are probably living at home which would put THEIR HOME under threat. Maybe they've questions regarding safety they'd like to discuss. Information is key and maybe they'd find more comfort talking to a professional who's in rather than their son or daughter who's hoping to join and saying "don't worry it will be fine" cos if you're a parent you know there's no such thing as "don't worry"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Noticed on a popular social media website that someone has posted about them getting past the paper sift stage. Full name and pictures on show.

As like last campaign, there'll always be a few who don't understand discreetness. Absolutely oblivious.

Sthm wrote: »
    Noticed on a popular social media website that someone has posted about them getting past the paper sift stage. Full name and pictures on show.

As like last campaign, there'll always be a few who don't understand discreetness. Absolutely oblivious.

No way? :/ that's worrying.

• Advertisement

Sthm wrote: »

Apart from anything else there is no paper sift. Idiots.

Advertisement