Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

I was always told if i havent got anything nice to say then dont say anything at all .. So im going hold back from saying anything to "Junior1" as lets just say it wouldnt be anything good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

i dont think they can change the amount for those that are already through the initial few stages, as the salary was agreed at the start of that campaign -- the wording appears to relate to the new campaign just out.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

vickmackey wrote: »
    i dont think they can change the amount for those that are already through the initial few stages, as the salary was agreed at the start of that campaign -- the wording appears to relate to the new campaign just out.

Yeah that's the impression I get. Plus SO's have already started on the higher scale and it wouldn't be good form to have people in Garnerville on different salaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Graciehart

not at all anything towards you Graciehart! :o... sorry if you read it as that:o... it was aimed directly at "JUNIOR1"
    thats why i hadnt been getting involved in HIS/HER posts as by the time someone else posts, it can get misread.
    thankyou for your information, honestly.
    no don't be silly I knew that :) was referring to the person saying and some people didn't believe him or whatever lol :)

Dekkers wrote: »
    Yeah that's the impression I get. Plus SO's have already started on the higher scale and it wouldn't be good form to have people in Garnerville on different salaries.
    I believe that the contractual agreement is technically already in place at the previously agreed salary:cool:
    hows that for no degree?!??!;)
    :D
    yeah, can you picture having to ask those already started to buy the beers cause they are getting paid more?!?! :D

• Advertisement

I believe that the contractual agreement is technically already in place at the previously agreed salary:cool:
    hows that for no degree?!??!;)
    :D
    yeah, can you picture having to ask those already started to buy the beers cause they are getting paid more?!?! :D

I know! We'll be bulling their boots while they throw pennies at us :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Graciehart wrote: »
    If that was a dig at me I think it's a little out of order as I actually said that day that I could be wrong but we should wait for clarification and seeing as how I'm the one emailed and posted the clarification then it shows I can admit when I am wrong!

Gracie, apologies if it came across like that. It wasn't aimed at you at all, but rather to some other members who send bitchy PMs to others who are only trying to be informative.

I know! We'll be bulling their boots while they throw pennies at us :(
    "dance for me!!";)

Sthm wrote: »
    Gracie, apologies if it came across like that. It wasn't aimed at you at all, but rather to some other members who send bitchy PMs to others who are only trying to be informative.

No worries :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

I wrote in my post a few posts back Assimilation, like I knew what it mean't :rolleyes: lol ( I didn't by the way haha) I looked over it there and went wtf does that mean, so I looked it up just for anyone wondering too lol :cool:

Assimilation: The process by which a person or persons acquire the social and psychological characteristics of a group: “Waves of immigrants have been assimilated into the American culture.”

• Advertisement

I wrote in my post a few posts back Assimilation, like I knew what it mean't :rolleyes: lol ( I didn't by the way haha) I looked over it there and went wtf does that mean, so I looked it up just for anyone wondering too lol :cool:

Assimilation: The process by which a person or persons acquire the social and psychological characteristics of a group: “Waves of immigrants have been assimilated into the American culture.”

Do you know what the Northern Ireland allowance is? And will new people get it on top of the 19k?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Graciehart wrote: »
    Do you know what the Northern Ireland allowance is? And will new people get it on top of the 19k?

Is it 3k? And yes on top of the base salary I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Choobs

junior 1 wrote: »
    They got a conviction!

Was he? And tell me this, does Choobs expect the same standard of English from all nationalities considering that the application process is open to those outside Britain and Ireland?

The first test you do is a spelling and grammar check you plebeian troglodyte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

The internet even has spell check :D
    Sthm wrote: »
    And some didn't believe HighburyLad about this even though there's a PNB circular doing the rounds with the following:

From September 2014:

0: 19,000
    1: 22,221
    2: 23,229
    3: 24,240
    4: 25,251
    5: 27,270
    6: 31,341
    7: 36,885

* All trainees enter at point 0 and remain on point 0 until attestation/graduation.

** At attestation/graduation, all trainees become Constable and move on to point 1. Remain at point 1 until they complete probation (total of 2 years but can be extended by the Chief Constable).

Over the 7 years , what's the total loss ? approx very roughly 3 to 4 grand for the first year ? and so on ?

What kind of pension benefits are accruing in the meantime ?

(not necessarily looking for the answer from the person quoted but from anybody who knows)

I was told by a pal in the job it's like 271 pound a month on top of your base salary, I haven't read or heard that it's affected for the new salary, as far as I know. I can't see it being reduced at all, not when the base salary has been reduced so much. Think that will be left untouched but nothing has come out about it that's what makes me think it's secure at the current level :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MissJC13

Junior1 you seem to be good at putting across a bad impression of yourself from the get go :/ shame really because a lot of the people you're going against here could well be your future workmates if you get that far. This job is about teamwork and having good interpersonal skills. You seem to be lacking the latter, and be disinterested in the former!

As for the difference in people with or without degrees...I don't believe there should be a wage difference at all. I'd happily stand with someone with a degree and the right attitude as my partner, or without a degree and with the right attitude (I don't have a degree by the way). But I think that if you believe in any way shape or form that having a piece of paper makes you better than anyone else, or that you should be paid more for the same job, then you've been very misguided.

Also, best get on the grammar, it's the very first thing they assess.

I'd advise an attitude adjustment, a new username, then crack on and play nice. We're all in this together ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

I was told by a pal in the job it's like 271 pound a month on top of your base salary, I haven't read or heard that it's affected for the new salary, as far as I know. I can't see it being reduced at all, not when the base salary has been reduced so much. Think that will be left untouched but nothing has come out about it that's what makes me think it's secure at the current level :)

Thanks. Are there any other allowances like shift allowances, travel allowances etc ? (just to get a full picture of what its like).

popolive wrote: »
    The internet even has spell check :D

Over the 7 years , what's the total loss ? approx very roughly 3 to 4 grand for the first year ? and so on ?

What kind of pension benefits are accruing in the meantime ?

(not necessarily looking for the answer from the person quoted but from anybody who knows)

Pay point 2 there mate, your on 22k for your 2 year probationary, so total loss looks like 4 k or so, penisonable pay is unaffected as in still same max point only in 7 years rather than 10 so pension is the same as far as I'm aware.

popolive wrote: »
    Thanks. Are there any other allowances like shift allowances, travel allowances etc ? (just to get a full picture of what its like).

Travel allowance and ni allowance are 1 and the same as far as I know

Something tells me junior won't be applying now that the remuneration package is beneath him/her.

• Advertisement

Aye that's what I was told too, your pay and your NI environmental allowance and then overtime of course when incurred. So Basically start on 19K at the start of Garnerville. 22,221K for 2 year probationary, and then once done 23,229K once probation is completed and so on. Just for anyone interested, as a sergeant you start on 37,767 and max is 41,041 over 4 years. Inspector start on 47,256 and max is 51,258 over 3 years. Chief Inspector starts on 52,308 and max is 54,459 over 3 years. Superintendent starts on 62,992 and max is 74,322 over 4 years. Chief superintendent starts on 77,988 and max is 82,272 over 3 years. All bar the Chief Super's pay is the same Chief Super has went up by 3K on starting and max point.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Choobs

As far as I've heard this is the case. It comes to you tax free but you should also consider you'll be paying a fair amount towards your pension so the two will more or less cancel each other out. Then you have police federation membership and whatever other perks you decide to buy into, such as bupa or the mythical PSNI country retreat thing.

I'll know more after my induction hopefully.

Something tells me junior won't be applying now that the remuneration package is beneath him/her.
    maybe they'll go for the Chief Constable post if readvertised!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

That salary is f'ed up!! :mad: :mad:

Why did they say £23k last month only to change it? :rolleyes: To change it so close between campaigns is just wrong. Hopefully this is the only screw up in this campaign.

I wish I was in the position to say I'd join for any salary but I've got bills to pay and mouths to feed. Don't get me wrong I'll be giving this 100% but it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TDA2

I heard the assimilation only applies to graduates! Ok it is true I dreamt it!

I believe this will only apply to officers and is not applicable to support staff as is the case on the mainland. Has this been agreed by the Chief Constable and Policing Board yet?

Homer01 wrote: »
    That salary is f'ed up!! :mad: :mad:

Why did they say £23k last month only to change it? :rolleyes: To change it so close between campaigns is just wrong. Hopefully this is the only screw up in this campaign.

I wish I was in the position to say I'd join for any salary but I've got bills to pay and mouths to feed. Don't get me wrong I'll be giving this 100% but it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth :(

I see it does state in the guidance pack 19k start pay but no mention of the pay progression. At least it is really 22k by the time you take the allowance. How inexpensive it is to strap a target to our backs. What's the WTC threshold?

The initial Guidance Booklet had starting salary of £23,493 (May 2014) along with pay scales. They swapped that one with no mention of salary and now it just states £19k.

Very shoddy :(

The initial Guidance Booklet had starting salary of £23,493 (May 2014) along with pay scales. They swapped that one with no mention of salary and now it just states £19k.

Very shoddy :(

It's not as if we have preformed perceptions that Deloitte is useless after the last round! Maybe they should hire a few graduates!

TDA2 wrote: »
    It's not as if we have preformed perceptions that Deloitte is useless after the last round! Maybe they should hire a few graduates!

As long as they paid them extra ;)

• Advertisement

As long as they paid them extra ;)

They are actually hiring lol

Advertisement