Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

monty46 wrote: »
    Just reapplied... Felt weird doing it all over again even though im still in the last campaign.

Same here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭crinkley

I wonder if the number applying will increase, between those still in the first campaign and the IT requirement gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

13090 campaign, this place seemed buzzing with a lot of people joining up here, myself included.

Of course only a fraction of applicants will sign up here, but still seems awful quiet around this new campaign opening.

Feel like it could be lower this time around. Would expect a lot more no-shows at IST when they actually transmit the diminished salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Sthm wrote: »
    13090 campaign, this place seemed buzzing with a lot of people joining up here, myself included.

Of course only a fraction of applicants will sign up here, but still seems awful quiet around this new campaign opening.

Feel like it could be lower this time around. Would expect a lot more no-shows at IST when they actually transmit the diminished salary.

Hard to judge with the two campaigns overlapping. I can't keep track of who is completely new and who is new to forum but also still in campaign 1.

I guarantee if the true salary was clearly stated from the start the number applicants would be massively affected. Coincidence that they waited a few weeks in before quietly amending information online?

Will be interesting to see the total number after today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

I genuinely think there will always be a big pull for the job no matter what, though it would probably affect the numbers indeed. Agree it will be interesting to see how many.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

crinkley wrote: »
    Look at it this way if we are sucessful some of us will be on 4k less because we dont have an ecdl cert or gcse IT.

I thought the reduction in pay was for everyone ?

popolive wrote: »
    I thought the reduction in pay was for everyone ?

It is I was just commenting that people lost the plot at the thought of a degree being awarded and yet myself and others I know couldn't apply last year because we didn't have something as insignificant as an ecdl cert, I've done the ecdl it's nothing that anyone who works with computers couldn't easily pass. The difference between this year and next 4k in wages

On a seperate note when do you think they will make it clear that the pay has been reduced. I told someone today who applied the first day about it and they had no idea and was still under the impression that it was 23 as they were told that 2 weeks ago at another familiarization event

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

Someone should anonymously inform UTV/BBC ;) I'm really surprised this wasn't mentioned in the news when the joinpsni website was updated

Suzuka wrote: »
    Someone should anonymously inform UTV/BBC ;) I'm really surprised this wasn't mentioned in the news when the joinpsni website was updated

I work in HR and when we made a minor change in what was advertised. Starting time moved from 9 to 8:30 all those who applied were informed via email and reminded at the start at the interview if they got that far. As I said if it wasn't for boards I'd be none the wiser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Just reapplied last night.

Had a quick look through the thread and found plenty of drama! It's gotten me all nostalgic for last years thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Lookn4sumit

trecee wrote: »
    I have two nvq's at level 2 and 5 keyskills qualifications (one of which is communication level 2 which I seen equates to gcse English)
    Problem is - I don't have the equivalent to the maths gcse.

Does anyone know where I can do gcse maths or keyskills/ essential skills in application of number level 2 asap?
    Thanks

Belfast met is only place or distance learning

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Belfast met is only place or distance learning

Some community centres do them too, worthwhile having a look in your local one.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Check your in boxes folks!

ZeGerman wrote: »
    Check your in boxes folks!

Nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I received my IST date ! Different county than last time !

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sgt Hooks

I got mine and I'm on holidays :/

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PutItDown

Can anyone confirm that they are NOT doing IST's anywhere else but NI?? Last campaign they held them in England but now I've been given NI, where I don't even live...

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

No email for me either..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Joe_Bloggsy

Received my date, not that long to wait thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

PutItDown wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that they are NOT doing IST's anywhere else but NI?? Last campaign they held them in England but now I've been given NI, where I don't even live...

Welcome to Deloitte incompetence!!

No mail for me either at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Got my Email. Didn't get a date yet, as they are "scheduling IST events" and will issue a date in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PutItDown

Homer01 wrote: »
    Welcome to Deloitte incompetence!!

No mail for me either at this time.

Yea I'm confused, I can't imagine they've done away with Mainland IST's from last time, and last time they got it right, they also didn't give me my time I want....meh

They do say it's not their problem with work commitments, but am I going to lose my job to attend an IST...no, I have bills to pay, so if they put my IST right in the middle of my work and at too short notice to get any time off(I'm contractually bound to give a certain notice period on time off), I'm likely to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

No email here either, I applied at 9:30 on the first day it opened too! LOL :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

It will take a couple of days I reckon folks before everyone recieves a date, I've still not recieved any either. I'm not in a rush as I was last campaign, I've learned that time allows preparation lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I applied about 2pm on the closing day. Got my date through today. Tbh I don't know if I could be bothered. If I don't get in this time it's my vetting and I can't see how that would change. Not sure it's worth putting myself through all that again. Desperately hoping for a call any time soon lovely recruitment folk lol

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Just got my date through there as well! Hoping I'll be the recipient of a nice wee phone call before then so I can send a letter to Deloitte putting them on the receiving end of a rejection for once lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Just applied last week and got a date as well there today... applying from Cork,,anyone else down south applying ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Got my date through. Before my PCA.....great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

rocky911 wrote: »
    Just applied last week and got a date as well there today... applying from Cork,,anyone else down south applying ?

Me ! I'm already in the process, just reapplied for worst case scenario!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Ah was feeling lonely there, I be honest I applied on whim.. went for the Police in Scotland too but they brought in new rules regarding residency so was a balls.

Advertisement