Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

Suzuka wrote: »
    No email here either, I applied at 9:30 on the first day it opened too! LOL :(

Literally just got mine lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Just got my date through there as well! Hoping I'll be the recipient of a nice wee phone call before then so I can send a letter to Deloitte putting them on the receiving end of a rejection for once lol

Mines after next lot of calls. Hmmm we'll see lmao!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

PutItDown wrote: »
    Yea I'm confused, I can't imagine they've done away with Mainland IST's from last time, and last time they got it right, they also didn't give me my time I want....meh

They do say it's not their problem with work commitments, but am I going to lose my job to attend an IST...no, I have bills to pay, so if they put my IST right in the middle of my work and at too short notice to get any time off(I'm contractually bound to give a certain notice period on time off), I'm likely to cancel.

I'd call them in the morning in case they misread your home address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Got mine through. At least not a long wait for once as my IST is very close.

Anyone who applied the last day or near to the deadline, what's your rough UID? Should give an idea as to how many applied. Myself, I applied within the first hour and in the double digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

It will take a couple of days I reckon folks before everyone recieves a date, I've still not recieved any either. I'm not in a rush as I was last campaign, I've learned that time allows preparation lol.

I'm the same after the last campaign. Taking dates with a pinch of salt :)

Not fussed if I'm the first email or the last just so long as it comes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Graciehart

Just received my date also!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PutItDown

Nevermind, IST is NI only, missed that bit! :( nice of them to advise this after applying...

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Got my date through just now. It's day before my medical for 2013.

Shant be in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭crinkley

Got my date, it's soon. Studying this weekend so!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

Number two starting very soon. Gah..I wish number one would hurry and go somehwhere

aim for this campaign not be in the dreggs of the AC scores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

Number two starting very soon. Gah..I wish number one would hurry and go somehwhere

aim for this campaign not be in the dreggs of the AC scores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Sthm wrote: »
    Got mine through. At least not a long wait for once as my IST is very close.

Anyone who applied the last day or near to the deadline, what's your rough UID? Should give an idea as to how many applied. Myself, I applied within the first hour and in the double digits.

Applied about 13:30. I'm mid 5k. I applied the last day in 2013 campaign and I was high 6kit would suggest to me there's not as many as before

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

I applied about a week before it closed and mine is near the 3k mark .. Mine is about a week before my PCA date.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

rocky911 wrote: »
    Just applied last week and got a date as well there today... applying from Cork,,anyone else down south applying ?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Just recieved mine, same day as PCA so dont think il be going!! Lol.

Il have to get onto them and let them know. Hopefully they reschedule for me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Just recieved mine, same day as PCA so dont think il be going!! Lol.

Il have to get onto them and let them know. Hopefully they reschedule for me :-)

Im sure they will!! Hopefully none of us will have to worry about an AC again .. My IST is before my PCA so gonna go anyways .. Ya never know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Just got mine, still holding out for the 2013 campaign but will go to the ist in the mean time!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gilz_2001

.S. wrote: »
    Just got mine, still holding out for the 2013 campaign but will go to the ist in the mean time!

Same here! Fingers crossed I get vetting and PCA soon but going to give this years campaign my all and hopefully score much higher this time round!

Like you guys, I'm still waiting on being processed from 13090 campaign.

Was posted on another thread already, but there are two batches left which will start processing between July and August. Busy few months ahead. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

I know its a Jan- Feb intake but how many to a batch roughly?

• Advertisement

I know its a Jan- Feb intake but how many to a batch roughly?

I was under the impression that it is roughly around 48 to a squad.

Squads enter GV every five weeks.

Ah ok.. Im already impressed with the efficiency in comparison to the Garda recruitment tbh

Ah ok.. Im already impressed with the efficiency in comparison to the Garda recruitment tbh

Funny you say that - I had a wee look at the Garda forums the other week out of sheer curiosity and seen all these different bands of results. Does look a lot more hectic and confusing.

Funny you say that - I had a wee look at the Garda forums the other week out of sheer curiosity and seen all these different bands of results. Does look a lot more hectic and confusing.

Im one of them.. hah but given up hope even though I have done the interview like so chancing my arm here.. although my gf and family are disgusted at the thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

There we go folks let the rollercoaster begin, good luck to everyone still in it for campaign one and good luck everyone in it for this campaign :) let's bring it on!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

How'd interview go? What competencies where they after? I missed out on being top 600 by 24 places!

Im one of them.. hah but given up hope even though I have done the interview like so chancing my arm here.. although my gf and family are disgusted at the thought.

Ahh, I see.

Disgusted at you applying to PSNI? Maybe an awkward question, but how come if you don't mind my asking?

How'd interview go? What competencies where they after? I missed out on being top 600 by 24 places!

Interview was fine... if your that high up youll be getting a call within the next 5/6 months I imagine. Im a reserve with the last 2 years and would like to think that it stood to me. Saying that I don't think I want to be a part of that force anymore the way things are beginning to go. so to be honest starting to think abroad or up north maybe better option and trying to come in a few years if im successful

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭crinkley

Ha mine are the same, they weren't too happy when I said I was going the guards and certainly not happy about psni lol

• Advertisement

Ahh, I see.

Disgusted at you applying to PSNI? Maybe an awkward question, but how come if you don't mind my asking?

As Im from the south, they think Im crazy that Il be targeted etc etc but Ive worked up north and have friends in the job and know there is risk but sure its the same with every job these days. I personally not fazed like I think at the moment Im more at risk down here when I go on duty as Reserve but they don't see that. Unfortunately they just see the past and the media side.

Personally I rather join the PSNI over AGS,

Advertisement