Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

rocky911 wrote: »
    As Im from the south, they think Im crazy that Il be targeted etc etc but Ive worked up north and have friends in the job and know there is risk but sure its the same with every job these days. I personally not fazed like I think at the moment Im more at risk down here when I go on duty as Reserve but they don't see that. Unfortunately they just see the past and the media side.

Personally I rather join the PSNI over AGS,

Fair play to you Rocky I respect that, I can understand where they're coming from regarding here etc, once your a cop up here as I've been told by many a them, your all the same and a brotherhood of forest green lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Fair play to you Rocky I respect that, I can understand where they're coming from regarding here etc, once your a cop up here as I've been told by many a them, your all the same and a brotherhood of forest green lol :)

As the way I say it..should be interesting with a thick Cork accent if successful :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

rocky911 wrote: »
    As the way I say it..should be interesting with a thick Cork accent if successful :P

Haha you'd be surprised there's a few, I played rugby last year with a fella from clonmel who's in the job up here, needless to say we used sign language to communicate lol but he loves his job doesn't shut up about it haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Get outa de car baii, is it a trip to court you are lookin for baii ??

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MissJC13

Got my date :) happy days! Not long to wait now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Just checked my Spam folder and there was my IST date :confused:

Very strange, none of the previous emails went to Spam. If you're still without email then check your junk folders. (I'm with Gmail)

Nice early date which ultimately means a nice long & tortuous wait :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Homer01 wrote: »
    Just checked my Spam folder and there was my IST date :confused:

Very strange, none of the previous emails went to Spam.

Was the same for myself on Gmail - none of the previous e-mails received as spam.

Presuming all goes well at IST (touch wood), I've my fingers crossed for an early AC this time round. I'd rather get everything done ASAP rather than waiting about like last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PutItDown

Going to cost me just under £400 per stage of this campaign to be in it....:/

Suppose I'm helping the tourism industry, spent a few hundred taking part in the last campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

PutItDown wrote: »
    Going to cost me just under £400 per stage of this campaign to be in it....:/

Suppose I'm helping the tourism industry, spent a few hundred taking part in the last campaign.

Go on the GoT tour while you're here lol. No friends you could crash with. Try premier inn saver rates. Book and pay 3 weeks in advance for £29. Deloitte usually let you know in good time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I am surprised how far away my date is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

I'm surprised how close mine is :/

It's completely random. I applied last day of applications, my friend with in the first week. I've got my date late July and hers is mid august. Definitely random as she's got a surname near the start of the alphabet so I doubt it's going on that lol. Got to love the logic Deloitte applies to things. Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tailsy25088832

Morning folks.question to all the auld hands on here from campaign one.did any of you guys have to request a diffrent IST date due to availability?????
    Just got mine and as sure as eggs are eggs its bang centre of my holiday.
    so disappointed as looking forward to slogging through the process.sad but true.lol
    If im unsuccessful good luck to everyone and see you next campaign(if there is one).
    :( :-(

Morning folks.question to all the auld hands on here from campaign one.did any of you guys have to request a diffrent IST date due to availability?????
    so disappointed as looking forward to slogging through the process.sad but true.lol
    If im unsuccessful good luck to everyone and see you next campaign(if there is one).

As far as I know Deloitte do reschedule dates for IST and AC but as soon as PSNI take over the recruitment with PCA bad medical they do not give you an option for an alternative date. I think you contact Deloitte by email, they reckon it could take up to 10 working days to reply. Include as much detail as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Queenie34

Goonerdee wrote: »
    I am surprised how far away my date is!

Me too! it's easily going to be September before the results are out. Long wait for those doing theirs next week.

Results aren't out until 8th September.

Lovely two month wait for results here.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

I had to reschedule my original AC date, just e-mail them with proof of your holiday ( a copy of your booking confirmation should do the job)

Mop a top wrote: »
    As far as I know Deloitte do reschedule dates for IST and AC but as soon as PSNI take over the recruitment with PCA bad medical they do not give you an option for an alternative date. I think you contact Deloitte by email, they reckon it could take up to 10 working days to reply. Include as much detail as possible

Thank you.only found email late last night as flat out but emailed at 1am pleading for a change of date as I can only remember clicking for availability early afternoon or pm.couldnt remember a place to put other dates but might be wrong.
    fingers crossed.time and location was perfect for me but not the date.typical.

CDizzle wrote: »
    I had to reschedule my original AC date, just e-mail them with proof of your holiday ( a copy of your booking confirmation should do the job)

Thanks.sent email at 1am and got auto reply so hope they get back in touch before I go on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Thanks.sent email at 1am and got auto reply so hope they get back in touch before I go on holiday.

Fingers crossed for you but im sure they will change it :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

There's the official circular re the new pay scales if anyone's interested.

I'm confused. So will everyone then be starting on 19k regardless of what recruitment drive they were on or will those who start before sept 14 get paid more? Tad unfair for those still in the waiting for last years campaign...

Make you sick comparing the two :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Make you sick comparing the two :eek:

Wouldn't it just. And I feel sick enough with all this waiting!lol

Maybe it will put a few people off tho so hope it gets on the news to give those of us that really want it a better chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

It says in the first part that is has yet to be approved! I think it would be difficult to change it for those still in the waiting from campaign 1309, which was advertised widely as being 23k start. I would imagine (just speculating) that they will pay the 23 until the first campaign list is exhausted and go on from there with the 19k.

Wouldn't it just. And I feel sick enough with all this waiting!lol

Maybe it will put a few people off tho so hope it gets on the news to give those of us that really want it a better chance!

Ill still be applying for it regardless, it's just gut wrenching to think that you could work with someone is getting more money than you, despite doing the same job! :(

Whoever negotiatiated that pay scale needs binned.no pay rise from yr 5-yr 10 for 2014 campaign.thats mad.hope I still get sorted but bit of a sickener

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Ill still be applying for it regardless, it's just gut wrenching to think that you could work with someone is getting more money than you, despite doing the same job! :(

Maybe that's why squad numbers are low. Get as little as possible in now then when September comes fill them up and pay less!!

oztop1234 wrote: »
    Maybe that's why squad numbers are low. Get as little as possible in now then when September comes fill them up and pay less!!

Think it's a case that those in this campaign would have to be paid as advertised, surely? If not, its a disaster waiting to happen for PSNI.

• Advertisement

Whoever negotiatiated that pay scale needs binned.no pay rise from yr 5-yr 10 for 2014 campaign.thats mad.hope I still get sorted but bit of a sickener

Don't worry, it's not frozen between years 5-10 for the new pay scale. It's rather been 'streamlined' so that Constables will reach the top pay point (£36.8k) after seven years rather than the current ten. Means reaching CRTP after seven years as well rather than the current ten. It just means taking a hit on wages for a few years obviously.

Advertisement