Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

It would be a right pay cut for me, but I would sign up for it tomorrow.

I will worry about the pay if I ever got in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Think it's a case that those in this campaign would have to be paid as advertised, surely? If not, its a disaster waiting to happen for PSNI.

You'd like to think so. But I believe in our campaign booklet there was a * at the pay and it said * meant = currently under review. Who knows. I hope you are right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

oztop1234 wrote: »
    You'd like to think so. But I believe in our campaign booklet there was a * at the pay and it said * meant = currently under review. Who knows. I hope you are right

Lads trust me its not bad.. down south ya gat €180 when training and €385 a week for the first 2 years after that.. do appreciate pay comes into consideration when in a good job at present and perhaps having out goings.. but its not a job you would join with an eye on the money really..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

It would be alright if you hadn't a target on the back of your head 24-7/365 Rocky.

Different ball game in the North compared to what you're use to.

It would be alright if you hadn't a target on the back of your head 24-7/365 Rocky.

Different ball game in the North compared to what you're use to.

Sure making more money is going to remove that target... whether your getting paid 1k a week or a pound still there yano.. Can see your point alright bud.

• Advertisement

rocky911 wrote: »
    Sure making more money is going to remove that target... whether your getting paid 1k a week or a pound still there yano.. Can see your point alright bud.

**** ISNT...stupid fat fingers

rocky911 wrote: »

No you're right there, but you'd like to be compensated for the seemingly estranged life you have to live.

No you're right there, but you'd like to be compensated for the seemingly estranged life you have to live.

I say we would be more at risk down home to be honest with ya.. just an observation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

oztop1234 wrote: »

Campaign 1's Guidance for Applicants bit below.

It could go either two ways - either the new pay scale will be imposed on Campaign 1 squads from Sept 14 or Campaign 2's first squad.

6Ayx2TR.jpg

Hardly could get paid that in euro ? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I would have to say that all candidates offered a place from the 1309 campaign will get the 23k and if approved any from the 1405 will earn 19k. It's not fair but it was advertised as 23k for 1309, I'd say they'd have to stick to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

I dunno, the way the last campaigns guidance says its being currently reviewed it wouldn't surprise me if everyone got the £19,000 starting salary from Sept 14 onwards regardless of which campaign. Its a nice get out clause for them with that wording

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭crinkley

Mop a top wrote: »
    I would have to say that all candidates offered a place from the 1309 campaign will get the 23k and if approved any from the 1405 will earn 19k. It's not fair but it was advertised as 23k for 1309, I'd say they'd have to stick to it.

When I applied for this campaign it was advertised as 23k, I wouldn't be surprised either if they enforced it for all recruits regardless come September. What is the union saying or nothing? I can't believe how quiet it's been about the cut, that could be just because it's effecting newbies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

PFNI have stated for a good year odd now that they wouldn't accept any cuts in salary but negotiations seem to have taken a U-turn on that.

David Ford made reference to the agreement during his speech at the PFNI Annual Conference recently. It's essentially agreed and just needs made official by DOJ I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 alex_murphy

Overtime?

What about it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

How much is overtime per hour , roughly ? The base salary may have changed but has hourly pay changed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PutItDown

Mop a top wrote: »
    Go on the GoT tour while you're here lol. No friends you could crash with. Try premier inn saver rates. Book and pay 3 weeks in advance for £29. Deloitte usually let you know in good time

haha yea I may stay in the same place as last time, then I know what I'm getting, bit further walk but oh well.

Unfortunately the family we got irish citizenship from are all deceased now, we have some all over the world but not NI anymore, so I don't know anyone or anything.
    Morning folks.question to all the auld hands on here from campaign one.did any of you guys have to request a diffrent IST date due to availability?????
    Just got mine and as sure as eggs are eggs its bang centre of my holiday.
    so disappointed as looking forward to slogging through the process.sad but true.lol
    If im unsuccessful good luck to everyone and see you next campaign(if there is one).
    :( :-(

Deloitte took 1 day to get back to me I wanted to confirm IST's are not available near me, not that it helps me as usual it was just a 'this is how it is' email...

I want to get the front brakes on my car done..guess that's going on hold, also my partners basically saying if I got the job she'd leave me because she doesn't want to move...nice of her

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

PutItDown wrote: »
    haha yea I may stay in the same place as last time, then I know what I'm getting, bit further walk but oh well.

Unfortunately the family we got irish citizenship from are all deceased now, we have some all over the world but not NI anymore, so I don't know anyone or anything.

Deloitte took 1 day to get back to me I wanted to confirm IST's are not available near me, not that it helps me as usual it was just a 'this is how it is' email...

I want to get the front brakes on my car done..guess that's going on hold, also my partners basically saying if I got the job she'd leave me because she doesn't want to move...nice of her

Jeez ... Im sure thats not easy for u with her saying she would leave you :(

Hateful enough thing to come out with.

"I ain't no Jez Kyle or anyfin but i wud fink dat she isnt wurf ya tyme as it is m8"

You honestly don't need to hear negativity like that when working towards a career!

• Advertisement

LG1985 wrote: »
    Jeez ... Im sure thats not easy for u with her saying she would leave you :(

I'm in the same boat lad...wingmen? :)

Im so glad im single sometimes!! Lol!!

Hateful enough thing to come out with.

"I ain't no Jez Kyle or anyfin but i wud fink dat she isnt wurf ya tyme as it is m8"

You honestly don't need to hear negativity like that when working towards a career!

Aw u do make me laugh!!

Wonder is the college like temple more where there's more riding then a stables :P :L

We've heard rumours, I can't repeat them in case somebody thinks im talking about them! :pac:

All serious though.. I know this may sound stupid but are ya constantly checking under your car for booby traps etc?? And again please excuse my ignorance but it's very hard to get a straight answer about this

Yup, every time you get back into your vehicle. You also don't openly tell anyone you are a Cop like you can in the south. You live a secret life.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PutItDown

Oh well...I aint changing what career I want...guess she's gotta see the light or walk into it...out the door :)

People always talking about what you say you do for work if you get into PSNI...I pretty much never go around advising what my current job is, and I CAN talk about the current one...

Just say you work a desk job, or if they're your neighbour and see you working shifts say you do warehousing, i worked varying shifts doing that once...plausible

Yup, every time you get back into your vehicle. You also don't openly tell anyone you are a Cop like you can in the south. You live a secret life.

Can appreciate that regarding the secret life etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

OMG where are you guys finding these pathetic women?!?! You all need a good clash round the ears. Ever hear that saying "behind every great man is a good woman"??? Kick her sorry ass to the kerb whether you get the job or not, she should be supporting you and your choices and if not I'll bitch slap her for you (provided I don't get in lol)

Advertisement