Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Dekkers wrote: »
    Yeah there's bound to be some wee blurb for those currently in the process. Life is too unpredictable to not reapply.

Welcome back btw! Let the fun begin.

Yes defiantly apply again sure whats the worse that can happen they say no as you're on the list already? Just means you don't have to do the IST and AC again lol

Thank you, good to be back and be in the game again. Have to say alot sooner than i thought lol. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Must say I cringe when I look at a number of the Facebook comments under the announcement.

Immaturity and complete disregard for security seems rife.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

Great news time to get some practice in for the ist again lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Great news, First time on here in a few months. Glad to be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Back in the race..... again. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Never thought this would come around so quick :eek:

Saw it on Facebook so thought I best check in :D

After I failed my AC I couldn't come back on the boards. Too many noobs posting how wonderful they were for passing everything and being great :rolleyes:

Good to see some familiar names on here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Welcome back on board(s) Gee, TT and Homer!

Thanks Dekkers.

So strange they've started a new one when the original plan was to recruit from 2013 campaign.

Seem to be targeting a whole new set of applicants. Cushendall & Ballycastle stand out. A wee post in Cushendall would be a 'cushty' number :D

Homer01 wrote: »
    Thanks Dekkers.

So strange they've started a new one when the original plan was to recruit from 2013 campaign.

Seem to be targeting a whole new set of applicants. Cushendall & Ballycastle stand out. A wee post in Cushendall would be a handy number :D

I don't know cushendall lol but if you're not being sarcastic you should have gone with 'CUSH-ty number'. Puns equals better :D

Thought it was funny it doesn't mention pca which was most of the point of previous ones

Cushendall; think rural and touristy. Nice place :)

Got point re PCA. I haven't kept up with the threads here but I had heard a lot of people had failed their PCA.

I'm going to go to Monday's session.

• Advertisement

Cushendall; think rural and touristy. Nice place :)

Got point re PCA. I haven't kept up with the threads here but I had heard a lot of people had failed their PCA.

I'm going to go to Monday's session.

Ah right. I' ll pop up for a visit when I'm in GV :D

Cool let us know how you get on. Mite just be a talk about the process and they've scrapped pca bit.

Welcome back on board(s) Gee, TT and Homer!

Cheers.

I'm hoping to be around a bit longer this time.

I am also thinking of just going in and filling in the answers randomly this time. It seems the more I think and practice for the IST the poorer my score. :D

Good to see you again dekkers!

Not gonna lie I had really put all this stuff out of my mind recently after the BHP recruitment but I'm gonna spend this evening catching up and I suppose il blow the dust off my old reading materials lol

Good to see all the familiar names here again

Still waiting on HighburyLad joining the party*.

* Months of waiting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Goose2301

Will they tell you much more in person though?

Good question.. suppose you can only ask.. got through to HR
    Today just at 5pm. told ring back tomorrow. though usually the switchboard just tell me there's no one here to help ..

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Did HighburyLad get in? Also great to see you again Gee, TT and Homer. Fingers crossed for us this time!

Did HighburyLad get in? Also great to see you again Gee, TT and Homer. Fingers crossed for us this time!

Don't think HighburyLad got in.

I'm sure he will be along any time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Couldn't believe my eyes when I seen the recruitment drive today.

I cannot wait to get stuck in again!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Never thought this would come around so quick :eek:

Saw it on Facebook so thought I best check in :D

After I failed my AC I couldn't come back on the boards. Too many noobs posting how wonderful they were for passing everything and being great :rolleyes:

Good to see some familiar names on here :)
    You better apply again! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

And Boom the place is alive again ha ha, its good to see familiar names about the place from the last run up to recruitment. Wish everyone the best of luck this time, definitely need to put some more practice into the third part of the IST that was well hard last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

great to see the names with older join dates coming back, was starting to feel vastly outnumbered lol

VES86 wrote: »
    great to see the names with older join dates coming back, was starting to feel vastly outnumbered lol

Was getting a bit sickening seeing 'Join date April 2014, followed by yay I got in.'
    Where were they for the previous months? Now they're in they must be looking some friends before they go :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, fresh campaign and a fresh start; let's make it count :D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

Was getting a bit sickening seeing 'Join date April 2014, followed by yay I got in.'
    Where were they for the previous months? Now they're in they must be looking some friends before they go :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, fresh campaign and a fresh start; let's make it count :D
    I have to take issue with this post, Homer.

Regardless of join date, those who have gotten the call have been through the entire process and have had to work very hard. Instead of criticising their late decision to join the forum, why not welcome them? After all, we've been through the process and could be a mine of information on what to expect(without giving away any major details).

And don't forget..it's good to make friends, you'll need them in GV :)

whatinthe wrote: »

Regardless of join date, those who have gotten the call have been through the entire process and have had to work very hard. Instead of criticising their late decision to join the forum, why not welcome them? After all, we've been through the process and could be a mine of information on what to expect(without giving away any major details).

I get what homers saying completely but from my point of view I probably put in far too much time on here before I failed the IST and It's disheartening to see people come on and first thing they say is I'm through. That said everyone who got through done well and I wasn't good enough. I think it will be a great help to have the experience from some of the names unfamiliar to me on here. And in future chat like this should be left to loose women lol

whatinthe wrote: »

I think Timetravel put it well in that it was disheartening to see people's first post 'I'm through'. Well good for you but we don't know you, haven't spoke to you or built any kind of a rapport.

There was no criticism of when anyone joined the forum just the lack of thought for others at a difficult time.
    People have invested at least six months in joining the PSNI; some way more and some a lot of money. So when myself and others were getting the bad news all the newbies appear to tell us they passed. A bit of discretion would have been appreciated or at least post your news in the right thread. I understand how someone would be excited with the news (I was after IST results) but there's a time and place.

That was then and this is now. I welcome all and wish everyone well in the same way I was when I joined the forum last year :)

Noticeably more Facebook activity under this announcement when compared to last September's campaign announcement.

Campaign 1: 242 likes & 80 comments
    Campaign 2: 532 likes & 667 comments (so far)

May point towards more applicants this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

In my opinion no one should comment or like it.

So hopefully those people don't apply

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

The people from this campaign that were not fit enough or didnt have the right ICT etc will do this time. I think this campaign may be slightly tougher.

The comments are baffling. Like the way people are tagging their friends. Some of them are taking the proverbial (and I think we can all agree that this is hilarious) but worryingly a lot of them are genuine.

If your friend/family member is interested in applying I'm sure they have the ability to find out about the recruitment for themselves. Do they really think they're doing them a favour by broadcasting their intentions to the entire country?

• Advertisement

oztop1234 wrote: »
    In my opinion no one should comment or like it.

So hopefully those people don't apply

I agree.

There's always going to be some banter by those not applying, but I think it's worrying there are some 'serious' applicants who think it's a good idea to make their interest publicly known. Happened last campaign with some balloons posting on social media of their IST invite etc, one even had a picture of her driving licence (address shown) in one of her other pictures. Same people who probably think being a peeler is like Bad Boys II.

Advertisement