Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STAR L85A2 issues

Options
  • 18-04-2014 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi folks,

I got out of airsoft a while back but decided to take it back up recently with my mates, when testing my rifle above (Got it a couple of months back but due to time and money didn't get a real test of it till now) I noticed the following issues:

1. BB's shooting off to the right. I have the SUSAT and assumed it was the site, got a rail to put my ACOG on it and it is still firing to the right. To explain, the greater distance from target, the more right of the target my BB's will fly. I tried my ACOG on my steyr and it was shooting perfectly straight. I believe I seen this problem somewhere before online but I can't find the thread now. Anyone any ideas what the problem is and how to rectify it?

2. Gun is firing at 0.58 Joule. I'm not familiar with what the stock STAR L85A2 should be doing but I don't believe it should be this low? Common issues I should check?

I've been thinking of getting a new spring for the rifle hoping that someone clipped the old one to downgrade it, and maybe a tightbore barrel, but if anyone knows of any other reason these issues would arise please let me know, would save me a bit instead of having to by GUCCI gear only to find the same problems are still there.

Laters,

-Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Sounds like a damaged hop up rubber or a twisted barrel. I'd remove the barrel inspect the hop up rubber, if damaged replace it and reassemble making sure the barrel is installed correctly and perfectly straight.

Advertisement