Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to stay?

Options
  • 18-04-2014 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    From leaving Palm Springs we have two nights before staying a night at monument valley which we intend to base ourselves in Flagstaff to do the south ring of the Grand Canyon.
    However after Monument valley we intend to stay around the Zion or Byrce national park area but have no firm idea where to base ourselves for the three nights before dropping down to Las Vegas. Is three nights too much?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

> Is three nights too much?

Well some would say that 3 nights is barely enough to see just one of those parks. Bryce Canyon is much more 'away from it all' and longer to get to. I think that you'll end up deciding between the two based on comparing what each one has but I'd find it hard to pick one over the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Ponster wrote: »
    > Is three nights too much?

Well some would say that 3 nights is barely enough to see just one of those parks. Bryce Canyon is much more 'away from it all' and longer to get to. I think that you'll end up deciding between the two based on comparing what each one has but I'd find it hard to pick one over the other.

if one took Zion, where would one base themselves as most accommodation in the park would be gone at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Fiskar wrote: »
    if one took Zion, where would one base themselves as most accommodation in the park would be gone at this stage?

At this stage? When are we taking about?

Monument Valley is a drive through in my opinion, driving time plus an hour or two is more than enough.

Advertisement