Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway co co open?

Options
  • 18-04-2014 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

is it open on good friday? tried ringing but it goes straight to mail box

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What for? They have an afterhours service for urgent stuff, and their Twitter is tweetigng (may be scheduled, though ... @GalwayCoCo )

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i need to get in contact with who ever is in charge of illegal dumping.

ive been trying all morning to get through to their main number so im guessing at this point that it is closed. would be nice of them to leave a recorded message, seeing as it is a work day for most people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

i need to get in contact with who ever is in charge of illegal dumping.

ive been trying all morning to get through to their main number so im guessing at this point that it is closed. would be nice of them to leave a recorded message, seeing as it is a work day for most people

Good luck even if you do get through. We've been trying to get them to clean up dumped stuff for three weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

try the http://fixyourstreet.ie/ service, I've found the City's Parks & Recreation and Environmental Depts to act quickly enough on my past reports.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

what i want to find out is who is dumping and prosecute them. i can organize the clean up myself

• Advertisement

what i want to find out is who is dumping and prosecute them. i can organize the clean up myself

It's tricky. You have to not only catch them in the act but also document them dumping somehow, and that may not even hold up. A bill or identifiable piece of rubbish would help, and the Council need to find it.

thats why im waiting for the council, to see if they can find something with a name on it. there is a telly dumped there too. maybe there is some way they can find out who purchased it (although i cant see anyone going to that effort)

Good luck with it! Dumping is so disheartening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

jkforde wrote: »
    try the http://fixyourstreet.ie/ service, I've found the City's Parks & Recreation and Environmental Depts to act quickly enough on my past reports.

Ya, but that's the city. The OP specified its the county they want, a totally separate organisation. Im not sure they're so good at FMS reports.

Anyways its not an emergency and holiday or not most public offices are closed, so the op will be waiting til Tuesday.

Ya, but that's the city. The OP specified its the county they want, a totally separate organisation. Im not sure they're so good at FMS reports.

Anyways its not an emergency and holiday or not most public offices are closed, so the op will be waiting til Tuesday.

good friday is one of those funny holdays. only seems to apply to civil service and the banks. the rest of us carry on as normal

• Advertisement
Advertisement