Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having trouble with my account

Options
  • 18-04-2014 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

For the past couple of days I have been missing certain features and now the problems seem to be getting worse.

Is there a problem with me personally? I just got 'told' today while replying to a post that I cannot post with a quote, url or attachment because I am a newbie. Huh?

I've also lost my HTML features that are above a reply page.(bold, underline, Youtube, etc)

Help. I think some computer bug is affecting me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hi Lizzie,

There was a site-wide change yesterday which added the following rules for new site members:
    New users will be unable to post images, attachments or links before they reach 50 posts or are members for 10 days (they must meet both criteria). If they try to, they will receive an error message telling them that they cannot post images or links.

You obviously have more than 50 posts, so the 10 day rule is what's catching you out. You've been here for 7 days, so you should have full use of our functions in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Thanks. I was getting weirded out thinking I might have computer issues or I got a partial ban for something stupid that I had said.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SamV

I've also lost my HTML features that are above a reply page.(bold, underline, Youtube, etc)

Have you been able to resolve this issue as I'm missing these buttons also?

I know I'm not allowed to post links, attachments etc (under <50 post rule) but I'm not sure why the buttons for bold, underline etc are missing from the reply page especially when I can still manually enter them?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Check the options at the bottom of this screen.

Are you using the basic, standard or enhanced editor?

I'm using enhanced. And I cannot even quote. Not allowed according to your site.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sounds like you were quoting something with a link in it, and thus falling afoul of the link posting restrictions for new users. Since your account is more than 10 days old, there should be no issue now.

Spear wrote: »
    Sounds like you were quoting something with a link in it, and thus falling afoul of the link posting restrictions for new users. Since your account is more than 10 days old, there should be no issue now.

Thank you. Everything is fine now. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement