Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardiovascular Disease - Heart Attack and Strokes

Options
  • 18-04-2014 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello all,

I am a final year student in Dublin City University and as part of my final year project I am undergoing a workshop with a group of Transition Years to try and raise awareness about Cardiovascular Disease. In particular I am trying to highlight exactly what cardiovascular disease is, what it's health outcomes are and what particular lifestyle choices can contribute greatly to Cardiovascular disease such as smoking or excessive drinking.

As well as that I am showing them how to do CPR correctly and highlighting the importance of F.A.S.T.

I'd love to hear from individuals who have suffered from a heart attack and/or stroke or perhaps someone who knows someone. The question I'm posing is what would you do differently (if anything) to prevent your health becoming at risk?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Maintain a healthy diet and excersise NOW and not when you get high blood pressure or cholesterol. In my family its hereditary so we will all get it at some stage but with those steps you can both live longer and stay off medication for longer.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Sorry OP, student research of this sort is not allowed on boards. If it were, we would be inundated with surveys and students asking for feedback.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement