Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC/mp3 speakers

• 18-04-2014 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Trying to find reasonably priced speakers that have decent sound quality. I was originally set to buy some Cerwin Vega XD3s after reading some great reviews, but I can only source them in the US, which means that they run on 110v. I could just buy a converter, but the Cerwin tech I contacted thinks it may sacrifice some sound quality. Also, paying for overpriced shipping and the cost of the converter puts me into the price bracket of what must be much better speakers.

So basically what I'm looking for is a powered 2.0 setup that I may be able to add a sub-woofer to later if I feel it needs more bass. Though if there is a set that has particularly decent sound, I would overlook this option. I'm not concerned with if it comes with a remote, but it must have a headphone jack 3.5mm. I want to run both my laptop and android through them.

I've tried various review sites etc, but they keep leading me to products only available in the US.

Any advice would be welcome..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 Stratospher

Hi you may consider Q Acoustics BT3 active system it got everything that you need plus bluetooth and dac build in.
    Sounds fantastic.
    Regards,
    Raphael.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 garbarrage

Hi you may consider Q Acoustics BT3 active system it got everything that you need plus bluetooth and dac build in.
    Sounds fantastic.
    Regards,
    Raphael.
    Thanks Raphael. They look really good. They tick all the boxes, but a little more than I'm willing to spend.

I should have said. Price between 50-150euro..

Advertisement