Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Tallant Avenue, Dublin 6W - nice area?

Options
  • 18-04-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am a retired lady and am hoping to buy a property on Mount Tallant Avenue, Dublin 6W. Any comments as to its suitability? I'm looking looking for a nice, safe residential area, not too far from shops and well connected to the city centre by public transport. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Mary Agnes wrote: »
    I am a retired lady and am hoping to buy a property on Mount Tallant Avenue, Dublin 6W. Any comments as to its suitability? I'm looking looking for a nice, safe residential area, not too far from shops and well connected to the city centre by public transport. Thanks.

Mount Tallant ticks all the above boxes. Go for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

As regards access to amenities Mount Tallant Avenue is quiet convenient to the shops at Kimmage Cross and not too far a stroll to Terenure.
    Public transport on Harolds Cross Road and from the Kimmage side is good.
    There is a certain amount of rented accommodation in the area and you may be better off not purchasing next door to a rented property.
    It is not a high crime area and I would say that as long as you follow standard crime prevention advice you will be fine. House alarm, proper locks on doors and not opening to strangers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

I lived there for three years and never once had any problems. Nice area and very convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

I lived on Corrib Road for a few years (ca. 2005-2008) and loved it. If I ever moved back to Ireland, it'd be very high on my list of places to try and live. Nice area and if the Corner Bakery on Terenure Road is still in business, you'll be just a short walk away from the best bagels (at least in the cooler months).

Advertisement