Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uplay Hacked?

Options
  • 18-04-2014 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Could be heartbleed related but got this email from them.
    Dear member,

We recently found suspect activity on your account.

As a preventative measure, we've reset your password for your account with username: kdjac

You can request a new password by clicking on the "Forgot your password?" link on uplay.com while logging in.

Please don't reuse your old password and be sure to choose a strong password (such as one with a combination of letters, numbers and symbols).

For any additional support, please contact customer service via our support web site at https://support.ubi.com

The Uplay team

Its from the legit email address.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Odd, I've two accounts and haven't received a reset for either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The only notification ive got in relation to heartbleed has been from gearbox,asking me to change my SHiFT password that i use in Borderlands 2.

I did read somewhere that some sites/clients had not been patched so will only receive notifications to change pw when they are patched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

the link you posted here looks ok but does it match when you hover over it in the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

uplay was hacked a few months ago. it might be related to that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

holy ****, you're kdjac?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah, ye might want to edit your username dude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

yeah, ye might want to edit your username dude :)

Why?

Its from uplay 100% could be heartbleed related or just a weird way for them to make me change my password. never bought anything via uplay so not really concerned its only there from steam games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Could be heartbleed related but got this email from them.

Its from the legit email address.

Doesn't have to be Heartbleed. Accounts just sometimes get hacked. Don't follow any links on the email and just go to uplay and change your password there if you're concerned.

Advertisement