Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of hours GP this evening

Options
  • 18-04-2014 6:54pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of an out of hours GP on duty this evening, on the southside of the city? Have tried Lukedoc but they seem to be closed? My GP's answering machine says they're open till 10pm this evening but I must have rang 10 times since 6pm and no answer. I called Dubdoc also and there's no answer. VHI clinic is open but it's €125 :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MatureStudent

Try East Doc beside Vincents hospital.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Thanks but they're closed too. All those out of hours cooperatives are operating bank holiday opening hours today i.e. 10am-6pm. Does anyone know of a surgery open late or anywhere else I could try? House call would be overkill and VHI Clinic is very expensive. May have to just wait till the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Generally, but not always, Contactors Medical Bureau is the backup option after the co-ops close and the fee is either €60 or €80 - less than €125 for starters. What does your GPs website - if they have one - say?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

They don't have one. Their voicemail says Lukedoc open 6-10pm tonight, 10-6pm tomorrow, Sunday and Monday, but it's clearly wrong about tonight. After Lukedoc closes it says to ring the out of hours GP (Contractors). I haven't been able to find a GP tonight. I won't ring Contractors because it's not an emergency and doesn't justify a house call. The patient (my dad) is very difficult to get to agree to see a doctor so when he agrees he needs to see one, he needs to see one. Lukedoc first thing in the morning will have to do, only difficulty is I'm working so won't be there to prod him, will just ring and make the appointment myself and tell him it's made and hope he doesn't try and claim he made a miraculous recovery overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

St Michaels Dunleary every evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Piliger wrote: »
    St Michaels Dunleary every evening.

Not overnight though.

If it doesn't justify phoning Contactors it doesn't justify using any out of hours service and vice versa - if it's enough of an issue that you really do need to see a GP now it does justify calling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

MYOB wrote: »
    Not overnight though.
    Wel ... he mentioned the evening :D
    If it doesn't justify phoning Contactors it doesn't justify using any out of hours service and vice versa - if it's enough of an issue that you really do need to see a GP now it does justify calling them.
    Don't know what you mean but between 6-10 you can walk in to St Michaels if you call ahead. I went there a few times two years ago and they are great. Usually two doctors on duty.

Advertisement