Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most intensive dairy area

• 18-04-2014 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Around what town would ye say is the most intensive i would guss Fermoy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Don't know. Don't care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

Clonakilty, Bandon, and that general area of West Cork.(in my opinion)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

around here it's templederry, I hear Jack Kennedy from da comic is moving in.;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

blue5000 wrote: »
    around here it's templederry, I hear Jack Kennedy from da comic is moving in.;)

Aghhhh jaysus he's not setting up round here is he
    +1 for templedery by the way some right hungry horres up that country!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭grazeaway

Around what town would ye say is the most intensive i would guss Fermoy.

Why would you think that? Just cos moorepark and castlelyons are nearby dosent mean it is. West cork has the highest number dairy cows in Ireland and there are a number of smaller dairy and coops in the area. You would be looking around clonikilty, bandon or macroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Fermoy/Mallow area I would have thought though there are plenty of herds around Clon too

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭TheClubMan

I was at an open day on John Kellys farm last year in Baltinglass and a speaker said that there are more dairy farmers within a 15km radius of Baltinglass than any other place in Ireland of that area. Sounds like cock and bull to me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

TheClubMan wrote: »
    I was at an open day on John Kellys farm last year in Baltinglass and a speaker said that there are more dairy farmers within a 15km radius of Baltinglass than any other place in Ireland of that area. Sounds like cock and bull to me though.
    everybody thinks their own area has the most cows,it's always been the way.
    There are no stats on this only opinions.
    All my neighbours are dairy farmers here in East Wicklow,each one on the road for four or five miles is a dairy farm ,does that mean it's the most intensive in the country? I doubt it but who knows about anywhere,there are no stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

I would think the place the most cows are milked is the pub :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

I would think the place the most cows are milked is the pub :D

Or Boards😜

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

Town land near us has more cows than acres.theres areas in west cork where there are nests of dairy farmers , they tend to be smaller scale but would be great to maximise what they have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

feck all dairy farmers around me, must be one of the least dairy intensive areas:D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

whelan2 wrote: »
    feck all dairy farmers around me, must be one of the least dairy intensive areas:D

South kerry must the least intensive area
    Pat spillane said recentaily that all thats left
    In south kerry is bachelors and bullocks ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Whatever about individual parishes I'd say if you stuck s pin on the map in the middle of cork city and drew a circle with a 25 mile radius around it you'd be hard pressed to find a similar area anywhere else with more cows or certainly more milk.

Advertisement