Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dylan Tombides (20) passes away

• 18-04-2014 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Go n-eiri an bothar leat Dylan

The football world has paid tribute to West Ham United striker Dylan Tombides , who passed away on Friday at the age of 20 following a brave battle with cancer.

http://mobile.whufc.com/default.aspx?s=news-display&aid=3774840

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭me89

R.I.P Dylan, Such sad news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭dzer2

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

... very very sad - would have been yet another from the Tony Carr Academy - he was only back at training a few weeks ago - very sad for his family and loved ones...

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

Was reading about him earlier on in the newspaper, its very sad that someone with such a bright future ahead of him to pass away so early.

I'm very happy for him that he got to make a first team appearance before he passed away, it must have meant a lot to him.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Kept coming to train even during his chemo, respect.

I ****ing hate cancer, 20 years as well... :(

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Absolutely heartbreaking that. :(

On a similar note, check yourselves regularly lads. Tombides was obviously young and as fit and healthy as one could be, but cancer does not care who or what you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

..... think you're first sentence is correct.

... I met him a couple of times, but couldn't say I knew him that well. I think it's sad when any 20 year old dies, either through illness, accident, suicide, war or whatever; many of us think that people deserve more than 20 years on this earth (especially those of us that have made it to 50+)... I think in this case because many of the posters are supporters of the club he played for, we feel a closer alliance with a death such as Dylan's.

Thanks for your posting/opinion, as you'll gather in this instance I don't really agree with you, but I respect you are perfectly entitled to your opinion...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Jesus. RIP Dylan.
    I was certain he was in remission. Genuinely devestated over this. Way too young to have had to face this fight but he faced it with tremendous courage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

R.I.P. Dylan. Thoughts are with family and friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jesus. RIP Dylan.
    I was certain he was in remission. Genuinely devestated over this. Way too young to have had to face this fight but he faced it with tremendous courage.

He was, he was.

So wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Please leave out the posts questioning the point of the thread or why people are using a particular language, if people want to pay their respects then they are perfectly entitled to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jesus that's ****ty.

Did it come back on him suddenly? According to wiki he was playing for Australia U22 in January and as pjmn says he was training recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Just read about this, RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jesus that's ****ty.

Did it come back on him suddenly? According to wiki he was playing for Australia U22 in January and as pjmn says he was training recently.

Yeh it came back relatively suddenly. Terrible sad whether a United fan or not. You just need to be a human and a football fan to be sorry about the passing of Dylan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Journey well Dylan.

Advertisement