Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher to Ordinary???

• 18-04-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I failed AG Science higher level got 25% and ordinary maths at 17% in my mocks, my AG science teacher recommended me to do pass and my maths teacher recommended me to do foundation. My maths teacher is rubbish and only 5 out of 24 passed the mocks. I believe i can pass both I have been getting grinds in maths since after the mocks in march. I'm just wondering if anyone is in the same situation? I'm fine for every other subject these two are my worst by far is it possible to pass them both? I'll be happy out with a D3 in both

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

yeyeye wrote: »
    I failed AG Science higher level got 25% and ordinary maths at 17% in my mocks, my AG science teacher recommended me to do pass and my maths teacher recommended me to do foundation. My maths teacher is rubbish and only 5 out of 24 passed the mocks. I believe i can pass both I have been getting grinds in maths since after the mocks in march. I'm just wondering if anyone is in the same situation? I'm fine for every other subject these two are my worst by far is it possible to pass them both? I'll be happy out with a D3 in both

What do you want to do next year? Does it need ordinary maths? Some courses only require foundation. If so, it's not worth running the risk of failing ordinary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Nobody knows the answer to this because nobody knows what your ability is and how much work you have done.

What have you done in Ag Science since the mock to improve your grade?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yeyeye

thelad95 wrote: »
    What do you want to do next year? Does it need ordinary maths? Some courses only require foundation. If so, it's not worth running the risk of failing ordinary.

I need a pass in ordinary maths

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yeyeye

Nobody knows the answer to this because nobody knows what your ability is and how much work you have done.

What have you done in Ag Science since the mock to improve your grade?

I've been studying chapters which i found hard in the exam such as Genetics and trying to improve on it, I'm trying to spend an hour every evening on AG science from now till exam and 2 hours each weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I've been studying chapters which i found hard in the exam such as Genetics and trying to improve on it, I'm trying to spend an hour every evening on AG science from now till exam and 2 hours each weekend.

Practice by picking a topic and working on the questions on that topic from the exam papers. check your answers afterwards with the marking schemes. Do the same for maths.

• Advertisement
Advertisement