Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two more clubs excluded from European competition

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's very easy for them to crackdown on those clubs and ban them from European competition though, isn't it?

The Telegraph reported earlier in the week that Manchester City and PSG have failed to comply with the rules of Financial Fair Play. They also said the below:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10766475/Manchester-City-to-be-made-to-pay-a-high-price-for-spending-spree-under-Uefa-Financial-Fair-Play-rules.html
    The nature and degree of any punishment will be determined in the coming days but it is understood neither team will be faced with expulsion from the Champions League.

Of course they won't. If there's something different between the two cases posted then I hold my hands up but at the minute it seems like one rule for the rich.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Darren O' Dea is with Metalurh isn't he?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Darren O'Dea will be handing in a transfer request now in his quest for European football for next season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Paully D wrote: »
    It's very easy for them to crackdown on those clubs and ban them from European competition though, isn't it?

The Telegraph reported earlier in the week that Manchester City and PSG have failed to comply with the rules of Financial Fair Play. They also said the below:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10766475/Manchester-City-to-be-made-to-pay-a-high-price-for-spending-spree-under-Uefa-Financial-Fair-Play-rules.html

Of course they won't. If there's something different between the two cases posted then I hold my hands up but at the minute it seems like one rule for the rich.....

They have also recently banned Turkish and Spanish clubs among others to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Difference is these clubs have been banned for not paying what is due rather than FFP relating to over spending and profits. Completely different case to PSG and City. Comparing apples with oranges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah, still not taking FFP serious until a club who could genuinely win it are punished for spending outside the specified percentages.

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah, still not taking FFP serious until a club who could genuinely win it are punished for spending outside the specified percentages.

Here's hoping Liverpool make some stupidly big money signings over the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Like they have in the last two years you mean :rolleyes: That Sturridge fella yeah he's utter tripe for sure and don't start me on Coutinho talk about 8.5m quid down the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Careful, they're sensitive little lambs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

He said a club that can genuinely win it anyway lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Eight Ball wrote: »
    Like they have in the last two years you mean :rolleyes: That Sturridge fella yeah he's utter tripe for sure and don't start me on Coutinho talk about 8.5m quid down the drain.

See!!

Who said Liverpool fan's were oddly defensive with a chip on their shoulder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Eight Ball wrote: »

Calm down :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I like that new perfume you're wearing, what did you say it was called, Obsession?

Also Skonto FC noooooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

He said a club that can genuinely win it anyway lads.
    Jeeze louise, always have to bring united into the conversation, don't ya:P

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

The day a 'big' club does not get invited to a marquee competion like the CL because they are in breach of FFP is the day I join Lord Trollington at the GPO :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Agueroooo wrote: »
    The day a 'big' club does not get invited to a marquee competion like the CL because they are in breach of FFP is the day I join Lord Trollington at the GPO :)

You have to define "big" and which nations

Advertisement