Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming/Programming Monitor

• 18-04-2014 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting a monitor specifically for work placement where I'll be away from home.

I currently use a Panasonic TX-P42UT30E(42", 1920x1080 @ 60Hrtz), I can't really bring that where I'm going, but I am bringing my PC for the work and for when I'm not working(My GPU is a HIS HD 7850 2GB).

I've been looking at the BenQ GW2460HM(preferred size and price, but heard it had backlight bleed) and the BenQ GW2760HS.

The only difference between these is the size.

I'm looking for recommendations(better prices, better quality, better brands, etc) at the €100-€200 mark 24" @ 1080p preferred.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭victor8600

Dell U2412M (~€250), that is what I chose after a month of reading monitor reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SOLID_SNAKE!

victor8600 wrote: »
    Dell U2412M (~€250), that is what I chose after a month of reading monitor reviews.

Bit expensive.

Any reason why you picked it over anything else, are you happy with it, is there anything you're not happy with?

Edit: I think I see why, but it has to be 1920x1080 for compatibility with my capture card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭victor8600

..are you happy with it, is there anything you're not happy with?...

I am quite happy with it, have not found any problem. 1080 monitors are more popular than 1200's, so there should be more reviews about them. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SOLID_SNAKE!

victor8600 wrote: »
    I am quite happy with it, have not found any problem. 1080 monitors are more popular than 1200's, so there should be more reviews about them. Good luck!

No doubt it's an unreal display, but it's just not what I'm looking for, TY anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭estilen

I heard a lot of positive comments about iiyama ProLite X2377HDS-B1
    Nice 23" IPS panel, 5ms response time, FullHD (1080p). Apparently the stand isn't of the best quality though, but once its settled it should be grand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement