Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stars are visible but where's the moon?

Options
  • 18-04-2014 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭

This may be a silly question but I realised the stars are out tonight but there's no sign of the moon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Gru perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

The moon only works part-time now, because of the recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

Gru???

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

It rises at about 00:20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Gru???

Despicable me 2 he stole the moon.

• Advertisement

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?obj=moon&n=78

That website shows you the moon rise and set times for an observer in Dublin. :)

Thanks mate. Unfortunately I was a bit of a "jock" in school that frowned upon lads with an interest in astronomy. Just recently taken an interest in it and find it really intriguing.

Thanks mate. Unfortunately I was a bit of a "jock" in school that frowned upon lads with an interest in astronomy. Just recently taken an interest in it and find it really intriguing.

Download a programme called 'celestia' and mess around with it, it really puts things into perspective!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

The Moon orbits around the Earth so it is never stationary, hence why sometimes you see it during the day and sometimes not at night

Thanks people much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

This may be a silly question...
    '(There's) no such thing as a stupid question' is a popular phrase that has had a long history. It suggests that the quest for knowledge includes failure, and that just because one person may know less than others they should not be afraid to ask rather than pretend they already know. In many cases multiple people may not know but are too afraid to ask the "stupid question"; the one who asks the question may in fact be doing a service to those around them.

wikipedia.org

There are such things as silly answers though. ;)

Advertisement