Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hull City vs. Arsenal - 20 April 2014 | The KC Stadium | k/o 14:05 - Sky Sports 1

• 18-04-2014 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭

23k51xe.png

Hull-City-v-Arsenal-001.jpgv3es2g.png

Referee: Jonathan Moss.
    Assistants: S Long, J Flynn.
    Fourth Official: K Friend.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
    • These sides have only met on 17 occasions in all competitions, Arsenal have won 11 of them (L3, D3).
    • The Gunners have also won four of the five Premier League meetings, including both of Hull's home games.
    • Nicklas Bendtner's first Arsenal goal since March 2011 helped them beat Hull 2-0 in the reverse fixture on 4 December.
    Hull City
    • The Tigers have won their last two league games on home soil.
    • Hull scored five goals from just seven shots on target in their FA Cup semi-final against Sheffield United last time out.
    • The Tigers scored more goals in the second half of their final home game of 2013 - six, against Fulham - than they've managed in the seven home games since (five).
    • Only Crystal Palace (two) have earned fewer points from losing positions this season than Hull (three).
    • Hull have the fifth-best defence in the Premier League this season (33 games, 40 goals conceded).
    • If only the second half of games counted this season Hull would be bottom of the league.
    • Steve Bruce becomes the seventh manager to take charge of 350 Premier League matches this weekend.
    Arsenal
    • Arsenal have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last five league matches.
    • The average age of Arsenal's starting XI against West Ham midweek was 29 years 188 days - their oldest team in the Premier League since May 2003 (30y 18d v Leeds United).
    • The Gunners have won just four of their last 12 Premier League matches (W4, D4, L4), taking just 16 points from the last 36 available.
    • They have lost four of their last five league away matches, conceding 15 goals.
    • The Gunners have won 18 of the 20 league games in which they have scored first this season (D1, L1) - a Premier League-high.
    • Arsenal have won all five games against promoted sides this season without conceding a goal.
    • Olivier Giroud has scored 20 goals in all competitions this season for Arsenal.

Hull's remaining fixtures and league table:

106mzgz.png1zluem1.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Think this is our toughest game left. Win this and put the pressure on Everton going into the United game. If we better their result this weekend id say thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hull have had a decent season but with safety virtually assured and an FA Cup final to come I think they'll take their eye off the ball a bit here. Arsenal badly need a win and should get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Paully D wrote: »
    Hull have had a decent season but with safety virtually assured and an FA Cup final to come I think they'll take their eye off the ball a bit here. Arsenal badly need a win and should get it.

I just added Hull's remaining fixtures. They don't have an easy ride to the finish, so I think they'll have a serious go here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Massive massive game. Win it and I think we'll be OK for fourth with two home games to come next. Hit them early and I reckon we'll be alright.

2-0 Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Big Game. Ozil and rambo back is a huge boost. Think we'll do it, 2-0's a good shout.

• Advertisement

St. Totteringham's Day if Spurs lose tomorrow and we win this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Great opening analysis for the match, wish it were done for more matches!

This is a crunch game for champions league qualification and somewhat a dress rehearshal for the Fa Cup final as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I prefer our 3 minutes before kickoff attempts with barely a prediction thrown in.

but then I'm a traditionalist.

3-0 Arsenal, everything good to flow through Ramsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hull 1 Arsenal 2 is my prediction.
    No injuries picked up is my hope.

• Advertisement

Expecting a stormer from Ramsey today. No idea why, just think it'll happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Beat them and it gives them something to think about in the run in relegation wise, they've a tough fixture list and it'd be no harm to not have them saunter into the final against us with an easy run of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

cson wrote: »
    Beat them and it gives them something to think about in the run in relegation wise, they've a tough fixture list and it'd be no harm to not have them saunter into the final against us with an easy run of games.

We have a much bigger reason to beat them though - Everton, a point behind us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Hopefully get to see Ozil start today. I cant wait to see him and Ramsey linking up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

shano_88 wrote: »
    Hopefully get to see Ozil start today. I cant wait to see him and Ramsey linking up again.

Twitter suggesting that you got your wish! Ozil to start

greendom wrote: »
    Twitter suggesting that you got your wish! Ozil to start

Starting 11?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Didn't realise Ozil was back,great news, so bar Theo we're practically at full strength?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Didn't realise Ozil was back,great news, so bar Theo we're practically at full strength?

And Wilshere still missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

dvemail wrote: »
    And Wilshere still missing.

Not the worst thing in the world

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oh yeah forgot about Jack, though tbh I'd start Flamini and Ramsey ahead of him at the moment.

• Advertisement

Don't forget diaby!

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 1h

#Arsenal team to play Hull City: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Podolski, Giroud #HCFCvAFC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I'd prefer Flamini in there. Very attacking team.

Arsenal subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Flamini, Kallstrom, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rosicky, Sanogo
    Vermaelen out injured.

Got these off Sky Sports:

Hull

2r42x4g.png

Arsenal

2mpin8x.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

With Ox on the bench and no Gibbs either there's not much pace out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

4-3-1-2 from Hull surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You know you are classy team when your sponsored by Cash Converters...

card surely for Hundredstone!

• Advertisement

I was wondering what the fúck that noise was and why the fans were cheering.

Ah fcuk it, when did Huddelstone cut his mop?

Buy some fcukin tent pegs will ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Getting their plug for the GAA in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

What happened with the advertising boards?!

i think we'll get some joy here today, and in the next match this afternoon too with Unireh.

Pacifico wrote: »
    What happened with the advertising boards?!

Just the wind blew a few on to the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Wind catching EVERYONE off guard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hull play some decent football

Poor performance so far.

Carbon copy of the peno against Bayern that was.

super pass- was that a pen??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The difference Ozil makes is quite staggering. So good at unlocking defences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Do we ever get soft penos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Was that definitely offside? Great pass nonetheless

arteta loses a tooth

Arteta loses a tooth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Super ball by Huddlestone.

Looks like being one of those games.

Arteta loses a tooth

Suitable punishment for such a poor touch :p

Arteta loses a tooth
    bad2dabone wrote: »
    arteta loses a tooth

As long as his hair is fine, I don't think he'll mind.

Lovely break there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Decent game. Few goals in this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement