Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re homing one of my dogs?????

• 18-04-2014 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I own three small dogs, two females and a male. The male was neutered last September and ever since having him neutered I am really struggling with his behaviour. He was always dominant in wanting all the attention but since neutering he is much worse, he is also very possessive of me. I have had a dog trainer to our home and while she gave some great advice he hasn't improved much. I bring him in an extra ling walk each day to tire him out but when we arrive home he can be as bad as ever. It's like he loves the one on one time but when the two girls are around he is constantly competing with them, if that makes sense. The two female dogs are lovely and placid but he has me worn out.

A friend has offered to take him as her dog died last year and she is looking for an adult dog rather than a pup. She works from home so will be there all the time and as her only dog will get full attention. I'm just worried that he will be lonely or am I being daft? Has anyone any experience of re homing or taking in a dog in similar situation and how did they get on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Some dog are better in a one dog household and if your friend works from home and gets him into a good routine and gives him plenty of exercise it might actually work out great for everyone involved. I doubt your dog is being dominant ( truly dominant dogs are few and far between) but rather a little needy. and needy dogs can push our buttons like crazy. If your friend sets boundaries from day one and gives this little dog plenty of exercise and mental stimulation it could all go brilliantly. Plus if it's with a friend you get to see him ;)
    Best of luck.

Advertisement