Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton vs Manchester United Match Thread. k/o 16.00 20/4/'14.Sky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RasTa wrote: »
    Liverpool fans cheering on Everton, clueless... Buttner holding that line yet again. 2 gifted goals although nice finish for their 2nd.

No different to last week where united fans were cheering on city :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Haven't watched Man United in a while, didn't realise how bad they are. Defensively all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

nullzero wrote: »
    We've turned into a sh1ter arsenal.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Liverpool fans cheering on Everton, clueless... Buttner holding that line yet again. 2 gifted goals although nice finish for their 2nd.

Having Everton challenging for fourth when their playing city is huge. Have you looked at the table lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

It's the hope that gets you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Liam O wrote: »
    United are playing simple, intricate stuff and then when it becomes time to make a final ball they are all overcomplicating it.
    As Gary Neville commented; ''meaningless football versus clinical football''. Bang on the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Liverpool fans cheering on Everton, clueless..

I hope they get top 4 or at least win today. Would you like me to explain why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Liam O wrote: »
    United are playing simple, intricate stuff and then when it becomes time to make a final ball they are all overcomplicating it.

As Gary Neville put it : "meaningless football".

We are like a guy who spends all night chatting up a woman & another fella gets the ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Liverpool fans cheering on Everton, clueless...

Everton's support of the Hillsborough families over the past few year's has made it nigh on impossible to wish them ill. There's certainly a stronger bond there than there is anyone else in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I kinda thought Moyes was turning things around. How wrong I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No different to last week where united fans were cheering on city :eek:

Yes because this result will stop us winning the title :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Martinez has got Moyes' number here, Moyes always pushes up and tight on passing teams to force a mistake do Martinez has basically said ok we'll just leave our quick players up the pitch, wait for you to mess up and smash you on the break and it's working perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I guess this confirms Everton will finish top 4 since Moyes is getting thumped at their ground

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Rooney doesnt seem to understand hes the striker now. Why is he on the edge of the box trying to ping it to smalling all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You only had to hold your line Buttner for the 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I like that Liverpool fans are unable to enjoy being champions in waiting and instead focus all their time on United. We are living in their heads rent free.
    There should be an ABU super thread started for all of these "fans" that mascaraed as Liverpool supporters

Last time Everton did the double over us was in the '60s & they won the league that time.Moyes really must love breaking all these records:(

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Everton's support of the Hillsborough families over the past few year's has made it nigh on impossible to wish them ill. There's certainly a stronger bond there than there is anyone else in the league.

And good to hear the boos when the bad chants started from the United fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Can't wait for this season to end.

That's a reach even for you

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »

Watch the replay to see Evans pointing at Mirallis in order to get Jones to match his run,instead Jones let him charge in & score.At fault for 2 goals.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

clueless you think?

Ive had nothing but great times with blues fans in Liverpool and im going to games the last 30 years.
    The rivalry to me was always bragging rights and banter and rarely ran deeper than that.

Add that to blues fans coming out for the 2005 CL victory parade to applaud Liverpool and the sheer class at which they displayed for the Hillsborough families,i for one am delighted to see them do well, far from clueless !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Felexicon wrote: »
    I like that Liverpool fans are unable to enjoy being champions in waiting and instead focus all their time on United. We are living in their heads rent free.
    There should be an ABU super thread started for all of these "fans" that mascaraed as Liverpool supporters

I have waited for this moment for a long time when roles have flipped . I'm enjoying every minute of it and so should every other Liverpool fan too .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

edgecutter wrote: »
    Can't wait for this season to end.

Same but I have a feeling the post season hopes will be dashed by an excuse-laden transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I'm only watching because I want Everton to win so they still have something to play for by the time they meet City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Seamie Coleman really is turning into a world class full back. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bigger club poach him in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Mars Bar wrote: »

The issue with things like the second goal is that the defence need to trust each other, which they do but when it goes wrong (Which it should never do because its a simple matter of holding the line) they all look like fools. Buttners made that mistake before too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I'd have thought rival fans would be cheering on United for the win to give Moyes a greater chance of staying in the job longer.

I know I would in that position!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Same but I have a feeling the post season hopes will be dashed by an excuse-laden transfer window.

The excuses have already started. Nothing will change unless he's gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I have waited for this moment for a long time when roles have flipped . I'm enjoying every minute of it and so should every other Liverpool fan too .

No Utd fan can really complain about that. Seeing Gerard lift the trophy hurts more than anyone else lifting it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Some beautiful comments on here. Merseyside is back.

I'm only watching because I want Everton to win so they still have something to play for by the time they meet City.

Same.

Funny we all have to explain ourselves!

Come on Everton.

I like your team and fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

i thought this is the team utd fans wanted to play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Moyes must have put Jones in goal. Would'nt surprise me.

Blatter wrote: »
    I'd have thought rival fans would be cheering on United for the win to give Moyes a greater chance of staying in the job longer.

I know I would in that position!

Lol, silver lining if Utd comeback I guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

This bs about how brilliant Everton fans have been about Hillsborough! Most Everton fans are friends or work colleagues of Liverpool fans. Its not great what they are doing. Its basic human decency. 96 people died and tgen the cause was covered up. Regardless of your team, or even if you don't like football, thats a tragedy that deserves respect of those that died abd those that lost loved oned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Maybe I'm wrong then, didn't realise Everton and Liverpool supporters were such good mates.

Maybe a different opinon from the blue side

Roles haven't flipped. You are having a great season and we are not. We dominated English football for the last 20 years.
    Merely a blip on our part.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

w6wprq.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Balls, alcaraz :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Alvarez? Gonna be a nervous second half for us

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

If rooney can manage to go without the ball for 10seconds and stay up front we could get back into this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

cson wrote: »
    Seamie Coleman really is turning into a world class full back. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bigger club poach him in the summer.

Yet United are constantly linked with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's a reach even for you
    Dcully wrote: »
    clueless you think?

Ive had nothing but great times with blues fans in Liverpool and im going to games the last 30 years.
    The rivalry to me was always bragging rights and banter and rarely ran deeper than that.

Add that to blues fans coming out for the 2005 CL victory parade to applaud Liverpool and the sheer class at which they displayed for the Hillsborough families,i for one am delighted to see them do well, far from clueless !!!
    Maybe I'm wrong then, didn't realise Everton and Liverpool supporters were such good mates.

Maybe a different opinon from the blue side

This really isn't adding much to the match thread guys. Back to the game please.

• Advertisement

Uh oh Alcaraz is on, hasn't played in ages :( Stones will keep him right I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Come on utd

Liverpool's game is over ages now. Should they just stop watching football for the day and stop having a preference.

'Mon the blues.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"Should I pass to Kagawa....nah, let's try some turns first"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Rooney, you have a left foot, you know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement