Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton vs Manchester United Match Thread. k/o 16.00 20/4/'14.Sky

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

What a save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Grayditch wrote: »
    Liverpool are so damn fashionable nowadays.

They've always been the same to be fair. Gilroy hates united with a passion.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Was that Hernandez bringing Rooney in to the play? He did very well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

United are one bang average outfit. Nothing shown all season to suggest Moyes is the man. No game plan, no guts, nothing. Enjoy yer spell in the wilderness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Bad miss from Rooney. A 300k a week player should be scoring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,190 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Carrick has declined something fierce this season.
    Gladly see him off to West Ham in the summer. Might force Moyes hand with some of the "rumoured" transfers

Yeah, he can't live with the pace of top teams and his link up play has deserted him this season. Really ponderous on the ball these days.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Carrick and Fletcher are finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

nullzero wrote: »
    Listening to this match on newstalk in work; the commentary is appalling. Dave "liverpool" Mcintyre is some man. The whole newstalk sports crew seem to be Liverpool fans.

United are looking like a side who will be lucky to be in seventh this time next season. Not a decent chance against what is at best an average side who have been paying above themselves this season. No positives from a united perspective at all.

Average teams have ups an downs throughout the season. The downs usually dominating the ups. Everton have been consistently good this season. To class them as an average team, after the season they've had, isn't exactly accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

What are the odds on maestro moyes telling sky sports that united controlled the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Coleman deservedly the MOTM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Be great to see Everton get fourth. Breath of fresh air under Martinez. Few Irish lads doing well there

United are an irrelevence in the league now. Hope they languish for a few years

Utd are so so bad.

It's about ****ing time Coleman got man of the match. Sky sports constantly licking barkleys arse and finally caved.

As for us. That was dire. Take nothing away from Everton though they were class today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Are United really this bad?

Or is it just that the players aren't buying into the Moyes Project?

He needs to ship out the rebels now and build his own team. Tony Hibbert might be available from Everton as Coleman is playing so well - it's a start, United need players who will fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Be great to see Everton get fourth. Breath of fresh air under Martinez. Few Irish lads doing well there

United are an irrelevence in the league now. Hope they languish for a few years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Utd are so so bad.

They are worse than that. New low for Moyes today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Felexicon wrote: »
    That's a reach even for you

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Bad miss from Rooney. A 300k a week player should be scoring them.

I'd almost say "change the record" regarding his wage... But it's impossible to ignore.
    He's been putting in some really bad performances lately. I don't know if he's just become complacent because he's got no competition for a place.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

donfers wrote: »
    Are United really this bad?

Or is it just that the players aren't buying into the Moyes Project?

He needs to ship out the rebels now and build his own team. Tony Hibbert might be available from Everton as Coleman is playing so well - it's a start, United need players who will fight.

Hard to buy into something that...
    1. Doesn't exist
    2. Doesn't buy into the players either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

niallo27 wrote: »
    They are worse than that. New low for Moyes today.

Hardly a new low. Everton are a very good side. Just a regular run of the mill low today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bring back big Ron.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Hardly a new low. Everton are a very good side. Just a regular run of the mill low today.

Well to go back to his old side where he was loved and to not even put up a fight is near as bad as it gets for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

What would concern me if I were a Utd fan is the lack of fight in this Utd team.

The veterans in the side like Rooney and Carrick should be leading by example and busting a gut out there. But they are doing anything but.

Is that Moyes fault or the players fault.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    This bs about how brilliant Everton fans have been about Hillsborough! Most Everton fans are friends or work colleagues of Liverpool fans. Its not great what they are doing. Its basic human decency. 96 people died and tgen the cause was covered up. Regardless of your team, or even if you don't like football, thats a tragedy that deserves respect of those that died abd those that lost loved oned

I'm unsure of how to respond to this? Seems like we agree in most respects. The issue is that - irrespective of how much the tragedy deserves respect from all fanbases and clubs - Everton have gotten behind the cause in a way no other club has matched imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Stones really should be going to the WC before Jones if this season's form were to be the main consideration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm unsure of how to respond to this? Seems like we agree in most respects. The issue is that - irrespective of how much the tragedy deserves respect from all fanbases and clubs - Everton have gotten behind the cause in a way no other club has matched imo.

Mod instruction here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90018387&postcount=246

Great result, delighted.

Fair play Everton, amazing what a positive manager can bring to a club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Everton had more gears there if they needed to up it.

Absolutely embarrassing performance by United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Think that was the most relaxed I've been watching Everton this season. We barely got out of second gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Everton are a fine side when they get their tails up at home like that. They must be kicking themselves for losing at home to Palace during the week though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

I kinda thought Moyes was turning things around. How wrong I was.

He's shown nothing in his whole career that would make me think he could turn it around. Useless manager and a joke he ever got the job, just goes to show Ferguson's influence. As a Liverpool fan quite frankly I'm delighted it looks like he will be there next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Certainly one of the best games Rooney's ever played for the Toffees :D COYB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

moyes will need another season at least to steady the ship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Carragher actually pronounced Sligo correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Leroy42 wrote: »
    This bs about how brilliant Everton fans have been about Hillsborough! Most Everton fans are friends or work colleagues of Liverpool fans. Its not great what they are doing. Its basic human decency. 96 people died and tgen the cause was covered up. Regardless of your team, or even if you don't like football, thats a tragedy that deserves respect of those that died abd those that lost loved oned

Everton have shown class and dignity towards the 96 from day one. Huge sections of other clubs home support seem to think singing songs like, " always the victim", "murders" and the like is funny or something. I'd love to see Everton grab 4th this season tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Coleman gifs again please lads. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Timmyctc wrote: »
    No the LFC fan with a City Fan username who spends all his time posting in the United thread brigade :pac:

Oh god I can smell the plastic off him from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

FatRat wrote: »
    Coleman really does make things happen. Unbelievably influential player, especially considering he's a right back. Delighted Ireland have a player like him these days.

Cost 150k from Sligo Rovers. One of the best Premiers League bargains of all time surely? What's his worth now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Delighted for Coleman, I'd love him at United but not in our current state, he deserves better

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Omackeral wrote: »
    Cost 150k from Sligo Rovers. One of the best Premiers League bargains of all time surely? What's his worth now?

Id imagine Everton would evaluate him at around £25-30m now after this season taking all things into consideration, also since he SHOULD be in the team of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Gavlor wrote: »
    What are the odds on maestro moyes telling sky sports that united controlled the game?

:D right on que davy boy!!

"Played well and controlled the game"

Tinie wrote: »
    Id imagine Everton would evaluate him at around £25-30m now after this season taking all things into consideration, also since he SHOULD be in the team of the season.

Would Sligo get 10%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Fair play to Everton today, they were way better than us and fully deserving of the win. 4th place really interesting now

And sorry that's Euro I was talking btw. But i think it's even less than that because it was £60,000. Absolute steal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

60k apparently

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »
    60k apparently

Sorry yeah I realised it was Euro I was thinking of but it was even less than that again. Seamus Ramos, what a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I love seeing Coleman doing well for himself after seeing him play left back for sligo he was just one of those players who I always taught could be very good but I must admit he has exceeded all expectations the lad is quality

My apologies, only saw the warning after I posted both, was reading through in order. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

niallo27 wrote: »
    Would Sligo get 10%

Not sure, dont know the terms of the signing contract between them and Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
Advertisement