Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Cork from Germany

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

If you want to have a look at the city centre in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

if you need any help, dann schreib mir direkt, bin zwar nicht Deutsche aber spreche es :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SHANAbert

An Spailpin Fanach has regular traditional music for free.

Crane Lane is a late bar which is great for live music.

The english market for all your meat and veg needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

I think Cork is a great choice if your looking for a place to live in Ireland.For a small city compared to Dublin we have a varied choice of restaurants from a snack box in hillbillies to fine dining in the Market Lane on Oliver Plunket Street and the Electric on the South Mall.If you like sushi we cater for that too not to mention the English Market one of the finest indoor markets in europe.For a small city we have a brilliant selections of pubs that cater for all tastes.The city is not too big and not too small.It's a lot bigger than Galway for example but it would be a good bit smaller than Dublin.It's also a lovely city to wander around.It's a very hilly city and it's just a very unique place really.Despite what the naysayers say we are a friendly and welcoming bunch!Cork of course has it's issues but our problems are nowhere near as bad as what some of the begrudgers on here would have you believe!Im sure you'll have a great time in Irelands finest city.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

Manach wrote: »
    Guten Abend. Also that the Cork colours are red and white and you will need to understand the intricacies of the games of hurling and gaelic football within the first six months :)

Over the bar is worth one point.Under the bar is worth three points and don't forget to say Up Cork!That's what i always say when i bring visitors from other countries to a Cork match!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Corcaigh Abu!! And don't forget Dublin is a swear word here! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

...und rugby. Vor alles, vergessen Sie nicht rugby - Sport der Goetter!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The best advice I can you is........avoid 'Choices' Estate Agents.

DO NOT rent a property from them.

Advertisement