Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling iPhone 5 - how much?

• 19-04-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi everyone,
    Looking to sell my iPhone 5! It's new since January (replaced by apple as I had trouble with the battery!) and the screen was replaced just last week as a dropped it, it's in nearly perfect condition as I have a cover on it. Just wondering, if I am selling it online, how much should I ask for it? I have the earphones and boz but the charger cable is a bit bent at the top?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Its going to depend on the storage capacity, which you haven't mentioned. Who replaced the screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭CFC007

I'd be interested in hearing how difficult it was to get Apple to replace the phone due to battery issues? I'm only getting 3/4 hours from a full charge and have a month left on my warranty. I was quoted by CEX yesterday for an iPhone 5 16gb €294 cash value.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rwald7

Hi, can I just ask, what is CEX? I'm looking to sell an iphone 5 32gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

CFC007 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in hearing how difficult it was to get Apple to replace the phone due to battery issues? I'm only getting 3/4 hours from a full charge and have a month left on my warranty. I was quoted by CEX yesterday for an iPhone 5 16gb €294 cash value.

You sure they valued the right phone. For an unlocked 16gb A rated iPhone 5 they give €288 cash.

guil wrote: »
    You sure they valued the right phone. For an unlocked 16gb A rated iPhone 5 they give €288 cash.

The €294 was for an unlocked grade A iPhone 5 16gb in white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

atsural wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Looking to sell my iPhone 5! It's new since January (replaced by apple as I had trouble with the battery!) and the screen was replaced just last week as a dropped it, it's in nearly perfect condition as I have a cover on it. Just wondering, if I am selling it online, how much should I ask for it? I have the earphones and boz but the charger cable is a bit bent at the top?
    Thanks

I recently bought iphone 5 16gb for €200 from one those second hand mobile bargain shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 atsural

It's a 16GB! screen was replaced by a phone fixing shop in tramore road business park in cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 atsural

CFC007 wrote: »

I was the same, first time I rang they sent out the box etc for the phone and got it back but it was the exact same phone and didn't seem to be repaired at all! I left it for a few months and rang just before my warrantee was up - this time I got my dad to do it as I think they hadn't really taken me seriously when I rang myself (I'm a 19 year old girl and have a young voice!) apple were full of apologies even got a personal phone contact for a manager in holly hill - sent back the phone and it was replaced by a brand new one!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I recently bought iphone 5 16gb for €200 from one those second hand mobile bargain shops.

That was quite cheap. Those trade shops are usually dearer than the send away places like CEX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

kceire wrote: »
    That was quite cheap. Those trade shops are usually dearer than the send away places like CEX.

Yes I guess was cheap compared tp other places, thought maybe nicked!! or problem with it. When i went to buy it I brought one of my mates who would be a lot more tech savy than me and he found no issue, and so far its fine plus I got a 6 month warranty.

• Advertisement

atsural wrote: »
    I was the same, first time I rang they sent out the box etc for the phone and got it back but it was the exact same phone and didn't seem to be repaired at all! I left it for a few months and rang just before my warrantee was up - this time I got my dad to do it as I think they hadn't really taken me seriously when I rang myself (I'm a 19 year old girl and have a young voice!) apple were full of apologies even got a personal phone contact for a manager in holly hill - sent back the phone and it was replaced by a brand new one!!

Cool I'll try calling them tomorrow. That price I got from CEX was from the shop in Cork next to the old Virgin store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

where do i find one of those shops???

Advertisement