Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non Pool fans: Do you want Liverpool to win with the League this year?

• 19-04-2014 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/16-things-hear-liverpool-say-end-of-season-1422917-Apr2014/?utm_source=twitter_self

Saw this on the journal, and part of me thinks, great love Liverpool to win it, BR is a great manager, JFT96 exonerated and fitting 25 years on,not "buying" the title, play attractive football...

But then the downside, the "overenthusiastic" fans, the ones that go to far, the ones that make you want to be ABL, the way the annoying united fans made you ABU.

So, Do you want LFC to be the Barclays Premier League Champions 2013/14?

(City and Chelsea fans answer it if your team were not to win it, would you be happy it was Liverpool)

Non Pool Fans: Happy for Liverpool to win the League this year? 421 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    43% 185 votes
    I have no strong feelings but feel the need to have this represented
    56% 236 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This will end well.

But no, they have the worst fans in any sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

No, but they have the best fans in any sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I like potatoes. I want them to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

If it weren't for the large chunk of complete eejits in their fanbase, I would. As it is, I'm kind of indifferent. I'd still rather them win it than Chelsea, but I wouldn't mind City winning it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im still holding out hope for a utd comeback

• Advertisement

If it weren't for the large chunk of complete eejits in their fanbase, I would. As it is, I'm kind of indifferent. I'd still rather them win it than Chelsea, but I wouldn't mind City winning it.

Percentage wise, I'd imagine its much the same as every other fanbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Why would I want any other team then my own to win the title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I'm sure Chelsea and man city fans will be voting yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Being honest, I wouldn't mind any of the three challengers winning it but yeah, I'd like to see them do it.

Rodgers has already ensured that I will have egg on my face whenever questions of his managerial ability arise so he might as well top it off by winning the league :pac: I'd like to see Mignolet and Henderson lift the trophy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

A bit sick of hearing about them being the neutrals choice

There aren't very many "neutrals" around here when it comes to Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ugh. No problem with the team, but the thoughts of having to listen to myself over the summer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Irish "scousers" are probably the most irritating of the Irish EPL supporters so no way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Lumbo wrote: »
    Why would I want any other team then my own to win the title?

read the OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i think all real football fans deep down will want Liverpool to win because of the great attacking style in which they play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

MD1990 wrote: »
    i think all real football fans deep down will want Liverpool to win because of the great attacking style in which they play.

Suppose you were delighting in watching United back in the days that Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez were ripping it up?

Possibly the worst poll ever to not make public BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Suppose you were deligting in watching United back in the days that Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez were ripping it up?

Delighting ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Yes I want them to win it, but I cant stand there fans, worst fans in the league, like its there year every year:mad:.
    Id like to see Stevie G win the league and if they dont win it this year they wont win it for a while, not being in europe really helped them

Delighting ;)

Edited, it's really sunny here, I can't see what I'm typing :pac:

Edited, it's really sunny here, I can't see what I'm typing :pac:

Had to be done pal. I've been waiting in the long grass to get you after you shamed me with the knome/gnome thing last week. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Suppose you were delighting in watching United back in the days that Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez were ripping it up?

I always like seeing a great attacking team score and do well, so yes I did like watching Utd then - now not so much.
    I liked watching Spurs under Harry Redknapp, I liked watching Bayern last year, I liked watching Arsenal back when they played good football and won stuff and I am delighting in watching Liverpool this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Speaking as a Liverpool fan, pandas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Had to be done pal. I've been waiting in the long grass to get you after you shamed me with the knome/gnome thing last week. :D

See it's Liverpool fans like this that ruin it for the rest of us like poor auld Turtyturd :pac:

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    See it's Liverpool fans like this that ruin it for the rest of us like poor auld Turtyturd :pac:

If we win the league, we'll offer up Turtyturd as a sacrifice.

Now who wants us to win?

:pac:

But yours was a classic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Why would anyone not want Liverpool to win the league, i think we are a great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I think from a sporting point of view, Liverpool winning it is a good thing, much as it would be were it Arsenal, Spurs or Everton.

As a Liverpool fan, I'd prefer to see United win the thing than either Chelsea or City on the basis that anyone could do what City or Chelsea did if they had the money, but the way Wenger assembled his successful sides or Ferguson built United into what they are, were achievements up there with the best. Much as Clough brought Forest from nowhere to the European Cup, its nice to think that talent, ability and luck can still triumph over unlimited financing

But yours was a classic :)

You sound like a Liverpool fan, stop living in the past. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

astonaidan wrote: »
    Id like to see Stevie G win the league and if they dont win it this year they wont win it for a while, not being in europe really helped them

Cheers Jose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hoping for Chelsea too win. Lesser of 3 evil's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Rather see Arsenal but that won't happen now (or any day soon) so yes would like pool to win it. Don't find pool fans any more annoying than other teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hoping for Chelsea too win. Lesser of 3 evil's!

Wouldn't mind Chelsea but can't stand Mourinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Cannot stand the club, cannot stand the fans, cannot stand everything that club stands for.

So I guess thats a resounding no from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

scudzilla wrote: »
    Cannot stand the club, cannot stand the fans, cannot stand everything that club stands for.

So I guess thats a resounding no from me.

Fence sitter. Tell us how you really feel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Before I regulared Boards, I visited another forum. And over there, the Liverpool fans were just hugely obnoxious. Constantly referred to Man United as "scum", constantly declaring themselves as "the moral champions". Think they built up this feeling inside which carries on.

Gerrard probably deserves a title win. And while I don't like Suarez the person, Suarez the footballer probably deserves a title win as well, especially based on this year.

But I just know that there's a sub-section of the fans who will be utterly intolerable about it for years to come....

EDIT: Also, I can guess that a massive amount of "Yes" votes will be Liverpool fans themselves trying to sway the voting...not that it's working yet...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Yeah probably.

Can a mod make the vote public?

im still holding out hope for a utd comeback

Math not your strong suit?

efb wrote: »
    Math not your strong suit?

Thankfully, humour is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

There's going to be some LOLing and BANTing at Liverpool fans when Chelsea win the League. Humour thread should be priceless.

Knex. wrote: »
    Thankfully, humour is.

Indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

It would take an especially bitter football fan who doesn't support City or Chelsea(or United) to not want us to do it. I've always wanted Arsenal to win it for the same reason I'd hope fans want us to do it. It would be real and it would mean something unlike the manufactured success of Chelsea and City.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

djPSB wrote: »
    There's going to be some LOLing and BANTing at Liverpool fans when Chelsea win the League. Humour thread should be priceless.

Why, sure they are favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm a Bohs fan with no affiliation to any team in England and I voted Yes. I wouldn't mind seeing them win the League. They've played very attractive and positive football and if they go all the way, they'll have deserved that.

I'm sure a lot of old lapsed/casual fans have been coming out of the woodwork this season with their improved performances. Doesnt bother me really, not my business. Wouldn't take that type of fan's views seriously anyway. My brother in law says he's an Arsenal fan but would rather the Gunners not qualify for Champions League if it meant the Pool came second. Another type of foolish outlook I wouldn't be bothered with.

Anyone over in Ireland deriding Liverpool fans as a certain type of person or supporter is a bit bizarre to me. Most fans over here are of the same stock. United and Liverpool fans are from the same families, streets etc so it doesn't make too much sense to me to label one or the other as scum.

Just my two cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

djPSB wrote: »

Or a mass exodus from boards if lfc win it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I couldnt give two shiny ****es whether other fans want us to win it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yes.

Hopefully Liverpool & Atleti in La Liga can do it.

A big two fingers to the sugar daddy backed clubs in both leagues.

I'll count the Central Bank of Spain as a sugar daddy for La Liga purposes.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I couldnt give two shiny ****es whether other fans want us to win it or not.

So why post???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

cson wrote: »
    Yes.

Hopefully Liverpool & Atleti in La Liga can do it.

A big two fingers to the sugar daddy backed clubs in both leagues.

I'll count the Central Bank of Spain as a sugar daddy for La Liga purposes.

Have to laugh at that. Liverpool have spent less than only city and Chelsea in the transfer market in the premier league era. The notion of 'doing things properly' is laughable.

As for answering the OP; hell no.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement