Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non Pool fans: Do you want Liverpool to win with the League this year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fair enough but you know what the funny thing is most of ones im talking about will have no memory of that period of time for many different reasons.

There are loads of decent liverpool fans of all ages but and i keep repeating myself here they tend to be much harder to find.

Empty vessels make the most noise.
    That doesn't matter which team you support.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Fair enough but you know what the funny thing is most of ones im talking about will have no memory of that period of time for many different reasons.

There are loads of decent liverpool fans of all ages but and i keep repeating myself here they tend to be much harder to find.

So many fail posts in one thread. I'd nearly feel sorry for you, but then again I'm a horrible Liverpool fan so you probably wouldn't believe me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

5starpool wrote: »
    So many fail posts in one thread. I'd nearly feel sorry for you, but then again I'm a horrible Liverpool fan so you probably wouldn't believe me.

Dont worry about it its ok i believe u.... horrible Liverpool fan or not :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

murpho999 wrote: »
    Eh....that's called rivalry.....Liverpool and Utd is the biggest and most passionate.

Not even close to the Tyne-Wear derby or Millwall-West Ham, but yeah whatever.

As for the question:

It'd be Chelsea, but they have Jose....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

cson wrote: »
    Yes.

Hopefully Liverpool & Atleti in La Liga can do it.

A big two fingers to the sugar daddy backed clubs in both leagues.

I'll count the Central Bank of Spain as a sugar daddy for La Liga purposes.

Best post of 2014 :D

Im not an Atlectico Madrid fan but I want them to win La Liga!

Not even close to the Tyne-Wear derby or Millwall-West Ham, but yeah whatever.

They are local rivalries not based on success. The rivalries are not as intense or have such a large reach.
    You won't hear much of a fuss in a Dublin bar if Newcastle beat Sunderland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Anyone but Liverpool tbh.

Im hoping and praying for an injury time Torres winner on front of the KOP on the 27th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

They are local rivalries not based on success. The rivalries are not as intense or have such a large rich.

I would respectfully disagree, I'd say the Tyne-wear derby is a good bit more intense even if it's not as noticeable in Dublin.

As for the OP question, it doesn't matter massively to me. I slightly prefer Liverpool since they've been waiting longer, but wouldn't be shouting for them either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

The true measure of a football rivalry - a dub who thinks he's funny.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I voted No as my car got broken into 20 minutes after arriving in Liverpool to do a nightshift with work and the chances are the fecker was a Liverpool fan
    Had my car nicked in Liverpool the day before Steve Bruce scored those 2 goals against Wednesday in '93 (Easter Saturday funnily enough!) - never really blamed the city given what happened thereafter:D

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

United fan but for the style of football Liverpool have played this year they deserve it. I like Rodgers as a manager and I have been really impressed with his ability to get the team playing the right way and getting the best out of the players he has at his disposal. I don't have a major problem with Liverpool fans rubbing it in if they win the league, they have been waiting quite a while and the excitement is natural.

But I have watched United become the most dominant team in England and I don't want to see Liverpool take their perch back. So solely for that reason, despite them deserving it No.

They are local rivalries not based on success. The rivalries are not as intense or have such a large rich.

I didn't take issue with the "big" bit of your post, just the passion. Doesn't mean crap whether people in Dublin notice, the rivalries are far, far more angry and intense than Liverpool-United games.

I didn't take issue with the "big" bit of your post, just the passion. Doesn't mean crap whether people in Dublin notice, the rivalries are far, far more angry and intense than Liverpool-United games.

Ok, but what I mean is that it doesn't have the reach that a Liverpool and Utd rivalry would which would have a worldwide reach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

NO! That is all

Ok, but what I mean is that it doesn't have the reach that a Liverpool and Utd rivalry would which would have a worldwide reach.
    Yes, but that has nothing to do with passion.

And if we're going worldwide, then I am indeed going to have to call you up on the "biggest" bit - it has absolutely nothing on the Clasico.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Couldn't imagine a more horrific outcome than Liverpool winning it. With every passing day their fans are getting more and more smug and I don't think I can handle a summer of it. I'd prefer City over Chelsea but either over Liverpool by a long shot.

I have nothing against the fans on this board, I'm just judging by the people I know personally and on this basis I am praying for an implosion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

What a stupid stupid thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

They've played the best football, they've been the most attacking team and they've been, more often than not, an absolute joy to watch.

But them winning the league would be unbearable to have to put up with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Super-Rush wrote: »

Stupid? I've never been this entertained like this in forever. That Cartman episode where he's licking your man's tears after feeding him his family springs to mind. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Super-Rush wrote: »

It says non-Liverpool fans in the title. Why can't you just not read it if you find it stupid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I don't get this "neutral's team" that's been nearly forced upon non-Liverpool fans.

Any time I've been talking to a Liverpool fan recently, they're obsessed with what other fans (save Chelsea & City) want to happen.
    I feel like they're constantly trying to justify their league credentials through what other people think, rather than what's happened on the pitch. What's worse is, if they get beaten to the title (I don't think they will), I feel like they'll go down as the "brave underdog" that nearly upset the big teams.

If Man Utd are contending for the title next season, I highly doubt they'd be the neutrals choice.

While I think Liverpool have played the best football this season, and have been one of the more exciting teams in the league, I expect it to be torturous listening to their fans over the summer. This isn't a sweeping generalisation, I'm basing this on a number of close mates that are Liverpool fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Liam O wrote: »
    It says non-Liverpool fans in the title. Why can't you just not read it if you find it stupid?

I don't have to read the thread to know how ridiculous it is. The title says it all for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I would respectfully disagree, I'd say the Tyne-wear derby is a good bit more intense even if it's not as noticeable in Dublin.

As for the OP question, it doesn't matter massively to me. I slightly prefer Liverpool since they've been waiting longer, but wouldn't be shouting for them either.
    I've been to both a few times over the years and would disagree, only been to Tyne Wear at St James but good feeling outside the ground afterwards.

I would imagine there are more reds in the Pool Man U games over the years that the TW derby, not necessarily a measure of passion but does give you an idea of how much the players put in in the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

If I approach it objectively:

reasons i'd be happy for liverpool to win the league:
    1) Rodgers has done an exceptional job there - 7th to potential champions without buying it, remarkable
    2) Gerrard really should have a title, I think he deserves it
    3) Suarez, what a player.
    4) The development of Sterling, Henderson, Flanagan, and Coutinho. fantastic.
    5) playing attacking football the right way.

Reasons why I dont want them to win the league:

1) Turdyturd would be happy.

So overall, upon careful reflection, I'd rather anyone to win the league other than Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

bad2dabone wrote: »

1) Rodgers has done an exceptional job there - 7th to potential champions without buying it, remarkable

So overall, upon careful reflection, I'd rather anyone to win the league other than Liverpool.

That there Turd is a sap all right. Big sap head on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I think you're forgetting our pledge to sacrifice him if we win the league. His joy will be short lived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Anyone but Liverpool tbh.

Im hoping and praying for an injury time Torres winner on front of the KOP on the 27th!

Ive noticed the anyone but liverpool thing creep up lately ABL ;)

I think you're forgetting our pledge to sacrifice him if we win the league. His joy will be short lived.

no no he'd probably die happy.

if you can post me his still beating heart then I will change my mind.

but then again, chelsea have Mou in charge. He's just as awful.

What a dilemma!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That there Turd is a sap all right. Big sap head on him.

LOL SAD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

No.That is all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

In order for this rivalry of Irish people with zero affiliation to Manchester versus Irish people with zero affiliation to Liverpool to continue it would require a Liverpool title win.

Liverpool play very enjoyable football, their matches are always interesting (sup United-Chelsea this year which was the worst game ever played) and their fans haven't been that annoying because they didn't see this coming at all. Everybody seems to forget what a horrible person Suarez is because he is THAT good at the football. Sturridge is a great player and it's nice to see Henderson make all his critics look like the tits they are. Nearly every starting 11 player has had something to prove and have done so.

City and Chelsea don't deserve it and Mourinho isn't even entertaining anymore. Just a jaded shadow of himself. Badly needs to start gouging people again.

Gerrard deserves it most of all. Didn't really think that until this year where he had to change his playing style and if you can't admire a man for telling Geoff Shreeves to politely **** off then you shouldn't be watching soccer.

If you can be title contenders with Martin Skrtel in defence you deserve the title.

I'm a neutral BTW. Don't really have any connection to any English side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I dont really mind to be honest. As a neutral (I think) Arsenal would have been my hope. One thing I dont get...people saying Liverpool didn't buy it. Their starting 11 from the last game contained 9 purchased players :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

It's done and dusted now anyway. Chelsea are about to lost to Sunderland or drop two points at the very least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Jose about to lose his magic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

What's the earliest Liverpool can wrap it up ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Looks like the Chelsea team have decided who deserves the title the most

Chelsea are concentrating on UCL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Lucas Hood wrote: »

weekend after next, if:

Liverpool beat Chelsea, beat one of Norwich and Palace and draw the other (84pts)
    Chelsea could then only get a maximum of 81pts
    City lose one or draw 2 against WBA, Palace and Everton (maximum of 83pts)

Realistically, if Liverpool beat Chelsea, they'll wrap it up on the second last day of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Lucas Hood wrote: »

{Anti-jinx}Beat Norwich and Chelsea and it could happen May 5, Palace away. Cant believe I am typing these words. {/Anti-jinx}

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

COYW wrote: »
    Surprisingly, I don't know of one neutral PL football fan who wants them to win. I thought that a break from the norm would be good for most people. Let's be honest, they won't get a sniff once JM gets a decent striker in at Chelsea or Aguero plays for a full season at City. The cards have fallen perfectly for them this season on the pitch and the fact that they have had no distractions from Europe was a major plus.

As I said in the Liverpool v Spurs match thread, the PL was won that day in my mind. The only two issues I have with LFC are the massive love in that the media has with them; they can do no wrong in their eyes and secondly, Suarez who is without doubt the biggest cheat I have ever seen in British football.

As I said to a LFC mate of mine, I predicted that this season will be a success but be prepared for a big crash next season. The addition of CL football will hit them very hard. I wouldn't be surprised if they get to the knockout stages of the PL but fail to get top four next year. That squad is pretty poor overall.

This post all of a sudden just seems more enjoyable for me. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

no no he'd probably die happy.

if you can post me his still beating heart then I will change my mind.

but then again, chelsea have Mou in charge. He's just as awful.

What a dilemma!

Jaysus mentioned in the same breath as Mourihno, The Turd will be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

And the little horse falls over, tired, battered, flat and crestfallen. (from Beeb) :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,467 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

On one hand I think Liverpool out of all the teams deserve to win it for their form and good football this season. I definitely admit Stevie G deserves to win it for his loyalty to the club.
    However I hate Liverpool fans with a passion...their sense of entitlement, their moaning about not being in the CL in 2006 after they failed to qualify for it knowing they never met the criteria. They can blab all they want about defending champions etc but they knew going into that final they weren't guaranteed CL football.
    After that they wanted honours for their team saying a previous Liverpool team got it decades ago for winning CL...
    What a shower of tossers but I know that's just a small majority of them ;)
    I'm split 50/50 but my Liverpool mates are dreading it...if it goes to the final game and they beat Liverpool they know I'm not too bothered as I've said they deserve to win it...lose to Newcastle and they'll have to listen to me gloating for a year at least :D
    I've sodall else to gloat about being a magpies fan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

MD1990 wrote: »
    i think all real football fans deep down will want Liverpool to win because of the great attacking style in which they play.

Utd fan here and I couldn't agree more with that statement! After watching the Chelsea fans boo and leave early from that match earlier is disgusting behaviour. Liverpool fans show how it's done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭billyhead

garra wrote: »
    {Anti-jinx}Beat Norwich and Chelsea and it could happen May 5, Palace away. Cant believe I am typing these words. {/Anti-jinx}

Ive a sneaky feeling that Norwich will do a number on Liverpool tomorrow and City will win their game and be right back in contention. Make a great finish if it does happen:D

• Advertisement

Liverpool appear to be getting the decisions now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

efb wrote: »
    Liverpool appear to be getting the decisions now...

Even when they are not playing?

F**k it i'm on the bandwagon, c'mon Pool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Everybody blathering on about Stevie of the G deserving a title because of his loyalty, is this the same Stevie G that was for going to Chelsea years ago until he received death threats from the fans?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Liamalone wrote: »
    Everybody blathering on about Stevie of the G deserving a title because of his loyalty, is this the same Stevie G that was for going to Chelsea years ago until he received death threats from the fans?

Hear say.

But continue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement