Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non Pool fans: Do you want Liverpool to win with the League this year?

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Liverpool fans in Liverpool aren't half as bad as Irish Liverpool fans. Any Liverpool fan I work with or have met are very normal football fans, even most Everton fans I've talked to are happy enough to see them win the league, though around here as long as a Manchester club isn't winning the league they are happy.

For me, They have played the best football so they deserve it.

We're not too bad until we start posting on the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

If City can't win it, then I wouldn't mind Liverpool doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If City can't win it, then I wouldn't mind Liverpool doing it.

Ah shucks. Likewise, Duffy!

2ouDWXa.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We're alright once you get to know us.

Now pull up a stool and let me tell you a little story. It all started in 1892...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I would say yes, if you all promised to stop posting those stupid memes or whatever they're called.

In theory I would prefer Liverpool to City or Chelsea, but I dunno if I could hack it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Really don't like Liverpool, don't like liverpool fans, but I want them to win so that there is proof that you don't have to have the most expensive squad with the best players to win the league, much like Atleti in spain this year or Dortmund and Stuttgart in Germany in recent years, it's nice to see "smaller" clubs stick it to the arab/russian money now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Grayditch wrote: »
    We're alright once you get to know us.

Now pull up a stool and let me tell you a little story. It all started in 1892...

Did it really though? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

After watching the Hillsborough tributes and docs this season I've kind of mellowed to the idea as those people deserve all the happiness they can get but a lifetime of rivalry is hard to break down, even for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

As a Utd fan it feels strange saying this but yes. I say yes on a few levels.

1. They have played good football with a tight on quality squad. Their strikers have lit up the league.

2. It is always good to see a team break up a monopoly, no matter the league.

3. It speaks well for sticking with a manager through the baron times on the belief that he will come good.

4. Their fans, although loud, are overdue a vintage after the many years of making up the numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

No. And they won't as they will lose to both Chelsea and Palace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Vanolder wrote: »
    No. And they won't as they will lose to both Chelsea and Palace.

Post of the year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think it will be great if they do it merely for the look on Gerrard's face when he lifts the trophy.

He had given up on winning the title. I read some quotes from him last year that said as much and he seemed understandably melancholy about it.....so for them to win the title out of nowhere when he had all but accepted he would never do it....will be a great sight.

I think the same could be said for Rodgers. There were Liverpool fans that were aghast when Dalglish was dethroned to be replaced by a "David Brent personality" and I think that him winning the league would send a message to both fans and chairman alike. Sometimes going and getting a big name manager isn't the answer. Go get the talented one.

I hope they pull it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Kirby wrote: »
    I hope they pull it off.

I honestly hope at the end of the season that Everton are with LFC in the champions league . It would be a great thing for Everton and Martinez . Everton deserve credit for taking a gamble on him ( well some people will call it a gamble . He obviously impressed bill kenwright enough to get the job ) .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I think if Liverpool win the title this year it will be the greatest achievement of the Premier League era
    Going from non hopers 7th last year to champions in 12 months
    Up against teams who frankly are on a different level in terms of budgets
    BR should have a statue errected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

As a Liverpool fan, I would like Liverpool to win the League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If Everton get 4th it'll make heading over to Liverpool for celebrations that much better if the whole city is on a buzz. I'd also just enjoy watching them in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I inherited Aston Villa as my team from my dad. But my older brother is fanatical about Liverpool and I've always had a soft spot for them over the years.
    If anyone deserves a PL winners medal it's Steven Gerrard.
    And for what Brendan Rogers has achieved this season he deserves one too.
    It proves that you can coach your way to success rather than just signing lots of cheques.
    Come on the Pool!

Advertisement