Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry planting?

• 19-04-2014 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Any tips? I've a few wooden window boxes out my back patio, I've a few left over strawberry plants in them, but I want to plant up the empty box and bulk up the half full box.
    Do I just plant them in peat and water regularly? It's a very warm sunny spot?
    Any types of fertilisers I should add in when planting, like slow release? Or any kind of fert I need to add regularly?
    Tips in general greatly received.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

They will grow anywhere , once you keep them watered

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

I have four growing out of a "Wavin" pipe. Just stuck it in the ground and filled it with dirt and potting compost, they were shocked at first but they are coming round...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭macraignil

Peat on its own does not give a great soil structure over time and I find its better to add some grit or small stones to the mixture.

Advertisement