Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 36 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    Apparently Kun is fine and Yaya a possible for Sunday.

I wasn't referring to last night though. I just meant in recent months.

With such a big squad, he needs to use it more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

There's no transfer jumping out at me at the minute. May just bank it and make a double before the DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I think I was going for rooney anyway regardless of how the moyes thing played out but now that he's confirmed gone I think it makes him that bit more appealing.
    United's players should get a lift and although it's hard to know who a new manager would pick you'd have to think rooney and mata will both play all remaining matches, my plan would be get rooney in for this week and the dgw and then switch to sturridge for his home game v Newcastle.

only question now is do a take a 8 point hit to work mata in also as it requires 2 transfers, if I can work a dgw defender in for distin it might be worth the hit, time to start messing around on FPL and see.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I think I was going for rooney anyway regardless of how the moyes thing played out but now that he's confirmed gone I think it makes him that bit more appealing.
    United's players should get a lift and although it's hard to know who a new manager would pick you'd have to think rooney and mata will both play all remaining matches, my plan would be get rooney in for this week and the dgw and then switch to sturridge for his home game v Newcastle.

only question now is do a take a 8 point hit to work mata in also as it requires 2 transfers, if I can work a dgw defender in for distin it might be worth the hit, time to start messing around on FPL and see.

forgot I had freed up an extra 1.0 or so by switching silva to nasri last week, that combined with the savings from switching ramsey in for hazard means I can bring in mata and rooney for lallana and lukaku at a 4 point hit.

would leave me with a front 7 of
    Nasri - Ya ya - Mata - Ramsey

Suarez - Rooney - Aguero

for this week and dgw.

needless to say my defence isn't great. would have 1 ft then next week to bring someone in for distin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Bringing in Aguero and Ramsey this week. Rooney is on the wishlist but he's definitely not worth a -8 hit with the uncertainty over United!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Rooney looks a much better option now even though it means playing Colback for Silva...
    Sensible transfer is to replace Silva though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

ShaneU wrote: »
    RT @HLNinEngeland: Bad news for Everton. Kevin Mirallas has torn a muscle against #MUFC. Out between 3-4 weeks. Fit in time for World Cup. #EFC

Saves me choosing between mutch and him again so!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Not too excited by Suarez v Chelsea or Aguero v Palace so looks a good week to gamble on Rooney straight in with band, Moyes sacking makes it all the more appealing...

Rooney looks a much better option now even though it means playing Colback for Silva...
    Sensible transfer is to replace Silva though.

i'd replace him, even if his injury isn't serious he can't play 2 matches a week so next game will be palace (away) if fit.

then everton (away), will most likely not be able to play the second game of the dgw then.

looked serious enough though so would be very surprised if he's even able to play v palace.

i'd replace him, even if his injury isn't serious he can't play 2 matches a week so next game will be palace (away) if fit.

then everton (away), will most likely not be able to play the second game of the dgw then.

looked serious enough though so would be very surprised if he's even able to play v palace.

That is the sensible move alright but Rooney home to Norwich on Giggs first game,cricket score? Have Mata though.....

Be sensible.......

• Advertisement

That is the sensible move alright but Rooney home to Norwich on Giggs first game,cricket score? Have Mata though.....

Be sensible.......

what's your midfield like? might be worth a hit to get rid of him and still get rooney in.

do you have ramsey? at home to Newcastle i'd take a hit to get him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

So tough to pick a captain for the weekend. Odds are as follows for anytime goalscorer:

Wayne Rooney: 4/7
    Sergio Aguero: 4/5
    Luis Suarez: Evens
    Aaron Ramsey: 7/4

Amazingly Aaron Ramsey is topping the FF poll so far! Granted he gets a point extra for e goal, and clean sheet bonus etc, but I still favour going with the bookies. I can't fit Ramsey OR Eriksen into my current team... gambled on Gerrard + Nasri which failed spectacularly this week.

roryc wrote: »
    So tough to pick a captain for the weekend. Odds are as follows for anytime goalscorer:

Wayne Rooney: 4/7
    Sergio Aguero: 4/5
    Luis Suarez: Evens
    Aaron Ramsey: 7/4

Amazingly Aaron Ramsey is topping the FF poll so far! Granted he gets a point extra for e goal, and clean sheet bonus etc, but I still favour going with the bookies. I can't fit Ramsey OR Eriksen into my current team... gambled on Gerrard + Nasri which failed spectacularly this week.

you have to consider ramsey's assist ability too though, maybe i'm making too big a deal in my head of how bad Newcastle are but I really think they're abysmal. so much so that I seriously considered scuppering my rooney plans for a week to get podolski in solely for this fixture but in the end I decided it wasn't worth a hit to get podolski in instead of rooney and then another hit to get rooney in next week.
    but def considering ramsey as captain, it'll be him or rooney.
    not looking at aguero at all, would be surprised if city scored more than 2 in a very tricky game away to palace.
    Arsenal could easily score 4 or 5 and although united are a bit of a gamble it wouldn't be unrealistic to think they'd score 3 or more.

Im really struggling to find an alternative for Silva and might wait until after the weekend to see what if any DGW player shows form...

I have Ramsey, Mata and Eriksen along with a dud, options are:

Get back Yaya - no fitness, groin injuries are a big risk and not as appealing with Aguero in team to take penos

Nasri - owned before, extremely frustrating and will not consider again

Gerrard - have had for last 12 weeks and just sold so not going back

Lallana - not a DGW option and Southampton seem to be winding down

Sterling - not a DGW option and 2 tough fixtures but definitely an option for GW38

A Johnson - no recent form but will watch Cardiff game and may take a put

Any United mids worth considering other than Mata? Other options?

what's your midfield like? might be worth a hit to get rid of him and still get rooney in.

do you have ramsey? at home to Newcastle i'd take a hit to get him in.

Eriksen,Ramsey, Silva, Mata and Colback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Looking at Rooney and Ramsey (I will probably captain Rooney) in for Lukaku and Silva

Eriksen,Ramsey, Silva, Mata and Colback

oh well yeah probably just bank it so and see if toure plays v palace, if he does then it's an easy enough swap for silva if you have the small bit extra for transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Had Silva and Nasri last night - can't believe they only managed 4 points between them :-(

Got Rooney in for Lukaku and Ramsey in for Lallana but now will probably have to take a further 4 point hit to get Mata in with Silva's injury... Rival is 26 points ahead too after he captained Aguero

Ramsey is a definite consideration for captain. I'm strongly considering. I don't quite get the Rooney love-in to be honest. United were horrendous this week but they have been much better against the lower teams of late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Sheer madness not rearranging your team to get Ramsey.. sheer madness i tell ya

I have Podolski for the last few weeks, worth selling him for Rooney? I have the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Ramsey is a definite consideration for captain. I'm strongly considering. I don't quite get the Rooney love-in to be honest. United were horrendous this week but they have been much better against the lower teams of late.

Moyes' sacking has convinced me to get Rooney in this week. We've been absolute dog sh*t at home this season and our next 3 games are at Old Trafford. Hoping the Giggs effect will raise the crowd and the team, with Rooney to score a few before the end of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm toying with the idea of bringing both Podolski and Rooney in this week. That would mean ditching either Suarez or Aguero so not something I'd rush into. Lukaku the other to be shipped out.

I've never been a real fan of Pod but he's a goal scorer. I saw him in the flesh against Wigan last year and despite doing nothing much he got 2 goals and with Newcastle and West Brom both at home to come it could well be worth the gamble over Suarez who I'd get back for the last game without a shadow of a doubt. I'd captain Pod against Newcastle too if I did.

Plenty of time to mull it over and will be Friday or Sat before I do anything.

Moyes' sacking has convinced me to get Rooney in this week. We've been absolute dog sh*t at home this season and our next 3 games are at Old Trafford. Hoping the Giggs effect will raise the crowd and the team, with Rooney to score a few before the end of the season!

Oh yeah: Rooney and Aguero are on my wishlist. It's just a matter of who I'm getting in first. Rambo is an absolute definite for this week, so it's between the other two for my second transfer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ok it looks like second is now beyond me. He captained Aguero, and his back four was Shaw (7), Coleman (11), Zabaleta (8) and Ward (8).

So I'm 14 points behind 3rd but I'm actually 6th so it's incredibly close for that final money place.

I'm so annoyed I hadnt the balls to take another 4 pointer to bring in Ramsey last week but not hesitating this week. Mirallas to Ramsey.

GW36 team right now but may take a hit later....
    Mannone
    Baines - Azpilicueta - Cahill
    Mata - Nasri - Eriksen - Ramsey
    Rooney - Suarez - Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Ok it looks like second is now beyond me. He captained Aguero, and his back four was Shaw (7), Coleman (11), Zabaleta (8) and Ward (8).

So I'm 14 points behind 3rd but I'm actually 6th so it's incredibly close for that final money place.

I'm so annoyed I hadnt the balls to take another 4 pointer to bring in Ramsey last week but not hesitating this week. Mirallas to Ramsey.

GW36 team right now but may take a hit later....
    Mannone
    Baines - Azpilicueta - Cahill
    Mata - Nasri - Eriksen - Ramsey
    Rooney - Suarez - Aguero

You're playing two Chelsea away to Liverpool? I was going to bench Terry and play Coleman, Bardsley and Chester.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lemlin wrote: »
    You're playing two Chelsea away to Liverpool? I was going to bench Terry and play Coleman, Bardsley and Chester.

I have Ward and Chester but am mulling who to start from the four. I may even sell one of them for a DGW player from City/United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »

Yeah think I'm gonna bench Azpil and finally spring Wes Brown from my bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Mirallas out for rest of season with groin injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

@Everton
    Roberto has just confirmed Kevin Mirallas will miss the rest of the season with a groin injury. #EFC

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Anyone know the story with the tube strike with regards the Arsenal game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Mirallas injury is an annoyance. I guess it's mata or yaya in for him depending on the news. Pity City play on the monday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Eriksen in Hazard out. Coleman in Distin out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Everton have some tough fixtures coming up, would you not be better off getting a dgw player instead of Coleman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Any news on Silva? Already done Lukaku to Rooney..

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

rosskind wrote: »
    Anyone know the story with the tube strike with regards the Arsenal game?
    Should go ahead, usually these things get resolved by club directors negotiating or providing buses etc. I can't see them cancelling this close to the end of the season with an Fa cup final the week after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Everton have some tough fixtures coming up, would you not be better off getting a dgw player instead of Coleman?

As i am leading my main league and my competitors all have coleman i will be going Distin to Coleman to soldify my position. Coleman's big score really did some damage to me this week and with tight margins i need to set my team up as close as possible to others.

Therefore there could be other rationale for bringing someone like coleman in. Similarly i am thinking about Silva to Mata, although Ramsey is looking tempting this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mirallas out for the season :mad: :mad: As if having him first sub for two of the times he scored recently wasn't bad enough, now i'm going to have to use an extra transfer on him :mad: :mad: (have Silva too, headwreck central, already used ft this week to get pod for lukaku)

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/458615351232954369

https://twitter.com/StuBrennanMEN/status/458594670625714176

I'm happy with my transfers this week even though it's at a -8. Lallana to Mata, Silva to Nasri and Lukaku to Rooney gives me an exciting team. Taking Silva out rather than Yaya was a blessing in disguise. Got in before the price rises and will have this team:
    Mannone
    Ward Coleman Skrtel
    Yaya Mata Ramsey Nasri
    Aguero Suarez Rooney
    Bench: Azpi Chester Johnson
    Only decision left is captaincy, can't really look past Suarez though can you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm happy with my transfers this week even though it's at a -8. Lallana to Mata, Silva to Nasri and Lukaku to Rooney gives me an exciting team. Taking Silva out rather than Yaya was a blessing in disguise. Got in before the price rises and will have this team:
    Mannone
    Ward Coleman Skrtel
    Yaya Mata Ramsey Nasri
    Aguero Suarez Rooney
    Bench: Azpi Chester Johnson
    Only decision left is captaincy, can't really look past Suarez though can you?

would go Rooney/Ramsey. Roon would be a real differential. will be going Rambo/Pod myself (don't have Rooney)

Should go ahead, usually these things get resolved by club directors negotiating or providing buses etc. I can't see them cancelling this close to the end of the season with an Fa cup final the week after

Good point, cancellation would be chaotic. It wouldn't make a difference if they moved it forward or back a day or two. Worst comes to worst, it's moved to GW37 as it'll need to be done before the last day.

• Advertisement

Thinking about Rooney, Mata, Ramsey in for Ade, Silva, Mirallas for -8. But I'd imagine they'll be the three main transfers in this week. I'm almost safe in my private leagues, the task now is beating my record, however unlikely. I need to make up 61 points on at least 80K people. Unlikely to do so if I go down the same route as everyone else. Any suggestions?

Silva out for 3 weeks, you would have to think that's likely to be the rest of the season...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-silva-injury-manchester-citys-3442764

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Is Yaya back for this week-end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

I was thinking of that but too many people around me have Coleman, can't risk him getting more big scores and not having him.

Is Yaya back for this week-end?

I hope so, if anyone can do it it's him. Pelligrini said this last night "Yaya, I think, can be fit for next game"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ozil for Silva anyone?

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ozil for Silva anyone?

im really tempted but its a big gamble, would definitely do it if he had of got some points last sunday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Rosco79 wrote: »
    im really tempted but its a big gamble, would definitely do it if he had of got some points last sunday...

yup same really good run in though and massive differential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I'm toying with the idea of bringing both Podolski and Rooney in this week. That would mean ditching either Suarez or Aguero so not something I'd rush into. Lukaku the other to be shipped out.

I've never been a real fan of Pod but he's a goal scorer. I saw him in the flesh against Wigan last year and despite doing nothing much he got 2 goals and with Newcastle and West Brom both at home to come it could well be worth the gamble over Suarez who I'd get back for the last game without a shadow of a doubt. I'd captain Pod against Newcastle too if I did.

Plenty of time to mull it over and will be Friday or Sat before I do anything.

Im thinking similarly except Giroud instead of Pod and Id also get Suarez back for Newcastle game. I would probably do Silva to Mata on top of that and maybe even Lallana to Nasri as well. Some big decisions this week so won't rush anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

bad day for u cech and mirallas owners

Advertisement